Entertainment & Artistry > Sports/Outdoors & Manpoon

crossbow hunting

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jake:

--- Quote from: KnuckleBuckett on November 09, 2019, 08:39:03 AM ---Lots of meat eaters in the wild going to owe you a favor.

--- End quote ---

they do a good job without my help! We mainly have coyotes and bobcats around these parts, but there is also a pack of wolves in the area (I got a glimpse of them on the trail cam a couple year back) as well as a black bear - just one. I've never seen it, but my neighbor has.

Jake:
I sat this morning for a few hours...slept at home though and got to stand a little before 5 am. First doe came out at 6am but at about 150 yards. around 6:30 another one at the same distance. she roamed around and started making her way down to me. at about a 100 yards something spooked her from the side and she ran away. at 7:20am a big 8 point buck came into the clearing 100 yards away; it was just strolling from one side to the next, I stopped it by imitating a doe beat. He stopped for about 15 seconds. I did it again but he didn't feel like investigating and kept moving.

I'm back in Chicago now for prior commitments.

till next week!

Jake:
Sat yesterday, saw two in the distance, and then nothing.

This morning action started early. First 3 came out at about 5:15am - they were in range, but it was too dark to shoot, so I passed. Saw a few more around 6 but out of range. A young buck came out about 150 yards away at 7 or so. I grunted at him a few times and he started walking towards me. About 100 yards away he turned away unexpectedly. I bleated twice at him and a couple minutes a nice though came out from just about where I lost him. A few seconds later he was right behind her. They both started walking towards me. I got ready to take the buck should he get into my range....but he didn't - they both turned away about 50 yards away from me. At 7:30 a small doe came out right next to my blind - maybe ten yards away. I harvested her when I had a clean shot. She ran about 100 yards before expiring. I waited until 8:30 to leave the blind and look for her in hopes of avoiding last week's fail.

Will have deer heart for lunch today.

warning: in the next post I am attaching a couple pictures.

Jake:
space

Jake:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version