Author Topic: 2008 US Election Thread  (Read 132263 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Obama vs Mccain
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 03:57:24 PM »
Yea dude thats the genius of it. It would be so much better if they had their bills paid DIRECTLY and got these cards for food but they dont they get the card and then a check
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 04:49:51 PM »
If anything, the tax increases he'll propose will probably go to further fund such failed social programs.
Please tell me about the tax increases that he's proposed.

According to this, I'd wager everyone here saves money over now.

edit: And most members of this board would save more under Obama's than McCain's.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 04:53:19 PM »
he didnt say that he has he said he will, which is pretty much a sure thing
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 04:54:58 PM »
And we need tax management more then tax changes. They keep raising them to compensate a bloaty sloppy mess. Need someone to actually fix the problem and stop sweeping it under the rug or patching it.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2008, 04:55:39 PM »
he didnt say that he has he said he will, which is pretty much a sure thing
Yeah?  He said "I'm gonna raise your taxes"?  Seems like political suicide and it seems like the media would blast that all over the place if it had happened.  Oh, wait, my link shows the opposite.

Rolling back Bush's tax cuts is not the same thing as a tax increase.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 04:55:56 PM »
If anything, the tax increases he'll propose will probably go to further fund such failed social programs.
Please tell me about the tax increases that he's proposed.

I haven't paid attention to his campaign and I doubt he's gone out of his way to propse new taxes already. "read my lips, I'll tax the hell out of you" is not a good campaign slogan.  I was just responding to RoD's comment.

but either way, he is on the record being against the Bush tax cuts and has made comments about hoping to roll them back once elected.  So that, in effect, is a tax increase right there.   

The guy is a tax and spend liberal.  what else would you expect from him?
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 04:57:38 PM »
The guy is a tax and spend liberal.  what else would you expect from him?
:rollfuckingeyes: As opposed to a "lower taxes and rich people and spend conservative"?

I'm really curious how the hell the republicans ever got the reputation as fiscally responsible, because that sure as shit hasn't been the case since I've been alive.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 05:04:39 PM »
this

Holy fuck... If you make $2.9 million or more then the difference between the two is almost a million dollars. That's some crazy shit.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 05:06:29 PM »
That's good.  Rich people have benefited most from the system and should put the most back into it.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 05:10:56 PM »
That's good.  (1)Rich people have benefited most from the system (2)and should put the most back into it.

(1) - Really? What makes you say that?
(2) - If (1) is correct, sure, but it is still crazy what a huge disparity that is.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 05:14:14 PM »
He hasnt said it, but its going to happen.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2008, 05:15:02 PM »
The rich have access to better schools, better health care, better networking, better everything, plus they leave their children starting much higher than any normal kid.

Also keep in mine that 2.3M+ is a pretty huge range and the number there would just be the average.  It's not like someone making 2,999,999 is going to be taxed a bunch less than someone making a little more.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2008, 05:15:12 PM »
He hasnt said it, but its going to happen.
Either post some proof or shut up.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2008, 05:18:50 PM »
The rich have access to better schools, better health care, better networking, better everything, plus they leave their children starting much higher than any normal kid.

But is that because of their own money (living in better neighborhoods, contributing to school fundraisers, paying tuition, paying for private doctors, etc)? How is that rich people benefiting most from the system? Isn't that just rich people living "better" lives because they are rich? Aren't the people receiving actual benefits from the government the ones who get the most out of the system?

Also keep in mine that 2.3M+ is a pretty huge range and the number there would just be the average.  It's not like someone making 2,999,999 is going to be taxed a bunch less than someone making a little more.

Yeah, thought about that but not all the way through.