Author Topic: NFL Playoff Predictions  (Read 56279 times)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: NFL Playoff Predictions
« Reply #150 on: January 15, 2012, 11:37:18 AM »
After a few years of bouncing around and learning from a few different coaching staff's you are going to see him in the ranks next to Brady, Manning (Eli....Peyton is a tough one right now), Ben, Rodgers, and my other prediction Stafford.
No fucking way

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #151 on: January 15, 2012, 11:38:41 AM »
Believe me, I would love nothing more than for him to show that he sucks and end up working as a maintence guy at a car wash, but jackass's have great luck and there is a foundation of potential to build on.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #152 on: January 15, 2012, 11:42:57 AM »
He's got the worst throwing mechanics in the league, his completion percentage is under 50% for the season, he's passed for 300 yards a grand total of 1 time (edit: twice actually, he did it once last year) and you think in a few years he's going to be an elite quarterback?  If that's the case no wonder his ego is big because he's made you do a complete 180 on him in just a few months

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #153 on: January 15, 2012, 11:45:48 AM »
I don't think he WILL, unless he can check the ego and work on his weak areas. The POTENTIAL has always been there, it's his personality that will hold him back. College fans did him NO favors.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

webwhy

• Jackass IV
« Reply #154 on: January 15, 2012, 11:46:16 AM »
I don't get the impression that Tebow has an ego at all.  I just think he plays hard, and he obviously has great leadership qualities. Relatively good kid that plays hards != ego

But...

He's done...never really arrived.  Belichick just closed the brief Tebow chapter in the NFL.  You can't coach him up; he's too easy to defend, and he's a great example of "heart" not being enough...it's laughable that you would put him in the same league as Brady, Rodgers, and Brees...

thank god it's over...

It sucks the Saints lost in a heartbreaker, but I can respect SF.  Their defense seems is the real thing, and I really like Harbaugh.  I just hope they take the Packers out.  SOOOO many bandwagon fans in the NFL.  It seems worse than any other pro league...

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #155 on: January 15, 2012, 11:48:21 AM »
I'm not PUTTING him in the same leauge as those guys, in fact I have a serious problem with people that do. I'm saying that in a few years, if he can check the bs and overcome the weak spots, because he has the potential, he will end up among those players.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2012, 12:09:41 PM »
I seriously need to see quotes proving this ego thing you keep harping on. He's been very humble in every interview I've seen him do, at least for a pro athlete and especially compared to the hype he gets

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #157 on: January 15, 2012, 12:30:45 PM »
I care about Tim Tebow about as much as I care about Joe Flacco.

I give a lot of credit to John Fox and the coaches for making the playoffs and beating the Steelers, but otherwise I don't care much about the Broncos. They'll be next year's version of the Seahawks.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2012, 12:44:32 PM »
I seriously need to see quotes proving this ego thing you keep harping on. He's been very humble in every interview I've seen him do, at least for a pro athlete and especially compared to the hype he gets

Ugh. I'll dig them up after the games tonight.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2012, 07:38:36 PM »
That was a good game.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #160 on: January 15, 2012, 08:05:43 PM »
Wow, 49ers might be favorites to make the Super Bowl now.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #161 on: January 15, 2012, 08:27:40 PM »
Ravens/Texans game was good.  I was impressed with the Texans and I think they'll be back next year. 

I didn't watch the Giants/Packers game.  Totally floored that the Pack got beat.

So new predictions:

NE/Bal: NE but I think it will be close.  I was unimpressed with Baltimore today and Brady is on fucking fire.
Giants/SF: SF.  Although I don't know shit about the Giants.  SF has impressed me though.

Superbowl, I'll say NE finally gets back into the swing and wins it all again.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #162 on: January 15, 2012, 08:30:59 PM »
Ravens/Texans was really good, Packers not so much

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #163 on: January 15, 2012, 08:45:18 PM »
I pick the favorites again next week. I think the 49ers can beat the Giants at home again.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #164 on: January 15, 2012, 08:52:14 PM »
I don't do very well in picking playoff games, but I've seen all the playoffs thus far and I'm saying Giants/NE superbowl. In a close one NE takes it all. They looked the strongest in my opinion. But then again, they probably played against the weakest team.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.