Author Topic: NFL Playoff Predictions  (Read 56253 times)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: NFL Playoff Predictions
« Reply #210 on: January 23, 2012, 05:32:30 AM »
yay Matt Stafford goes to the Pro Bowl :)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #211 on: January 23, 2012, 09:43:29 AM »
Too bad about the 49ers, that was a sucky way to lose the game.  I do think the Giants make for a more fun matchup against the Pats though.  Going in to today I was rooting for the 49ers but watching Alex Smith in this game I started to change my mind, I'd much rather watch top tier QB's dueling it out in the Super Bowl instead.  After all of this Tebow mania the last few months I don't think I could stand watching another shaky QB in a big game.
I didn't see the 49ers/Giants game, but I'm surprised by the Alex Smith comment.  He's a solid QB in my mind.

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
« Reply #212 on: January 23, 2012, 02:55:08 PM »
I think he has been a shaky QB but who has a solid year this year.  Yesterday's game though he seemed to revert to his old form and I can easily see him playing that poorly or even worse if they had made the Super Bowl.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #213 on: January 23, 2012, 03:09:52 PM »
No, Alex Smith is definitely a shaky quarterback. He does what Harbaugh wants him to do pretty well, but he isn't someone who will light it up. Of course, he's not Tebow level crappy, either. I think he's good enough to be a starter, especially in the right offense.

Really, yesterday he played the same way he played against the Saints and the same way he has played all season and for most of his career. There were about 2 and a half quarters against the Saints where the 49ers offense did absolutely nothing, too.

They lost yesterday because they lost the turnover battle that they usually win (they dropped two interceptions and had an overeager backup up punt/kick returner) and they didn't win the field position game they usually win (mostly because of the turnovers but also because their punter didn't do quite as well as usual). The defense and running game was actually better than usual, and Smith was average for him (the big plays to Davis made up for the rest of the stinkiness). Add it up and the Giants are going to the Super Bowl. :|

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #214 on: January 23, 2012, 03:17:35 PM »
yay Matt Stafford goes to the Pro Bowl :)

Really?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7492944/2012-pro-bowl-carolina-panthers-cam-newton-added-nfc-roster?eleven=twelve

Cam Newton will cap off his remarkable rookie season with a trip to the Pro Bowl.

... Newton was selected as the first alternate ahead of Atlanta's Matt Ryan, Detroit's Matthew Stafford and San Francisco's Alex Smith.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #215 on: January 23, 2012, 03:49:51 PM »
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
« Reply #216 on: January 23, 2012, 04:38:47 PM »
You should come to our conference.  We have Brady and umm.... well nobody else.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #217 on: January 23, 2012, 04:40:18 PM »
At least it was Cam.  Cam rules.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #218 on: January 23, 2012, 04:58:19 PM »
It should have been stafford
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #219 on: January 23, 2012, 05:00:08 PM »
Should have been Stafford instead of Eli in the first place but Cam is pretty terrific so I'm not complaining too much.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #220 on: January 23, 2012, 05:16:40 PM »
So just looked up who the half time show performer would be:  Madonna... ugh

Looked up the list of shows and it has been a good long while since they've had a group that was decent and still relevant.

New rule. If more than 50% of your posts in an NFL thread are about halftime shows, you are banned from the thread. 4 Ev Er.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #221 on: January 23, 2012, 05:19:32 PM »
The halftime show sucks just about every year, it's really only newsworthy when it's decent (or when it's colossally bad like last year)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #222 on: January 23, 2012, 05:45:46 PM »
So just looked up who the half time show performer would be:  Madonna... ugh

Looked up the list of shows and it has been a good long while since they've had a group that was decent and still relevant.

New rule. If more than 50% of your posts in an NFL thread are about halftime shows, you are banned from the thread. 4 Ev Er.
Luckily mine aren't :D

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #223 on: January 23, 2012, 06:08:45 PM »
Ok, so what are the new predictions?

I don't honestly care, but I'm going with NY to win. Betting against Tom and crew is probably a bad idea on any day, but I don't think they "want it" like most other teams. It's almost routine for them to be here. Though you could argue over the last few years that they do want it, you don't see the celebration from them like you do with NY. I mean did you see them bouncing and dancing like a bunch of retards after the win last night?
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #224 on: January 24, 2012, 11:06:55 AM »
>  I mean did you see them bouncing and dancing like a bunch of retards after the win last night?

They're going to the Super Bowl, why shouldn't they be excited?

My prediction is that I will go to bed before the game is done.