Author Topic: I think real forums are coming back into style because they're retro  (Read 432 times)

ethic

• Gay Pride
  • Jackass VII
    • Orphan Fish
Turns out reddit sucks and upvote/downvote ain't a good mechanic. I'm sure cheez and stealth and fruit and ahluka will be popping in any day

Hey obes aren't you and cheez irl friends? I wonder if he's still at SA
I watch you...
:rad: :rad:

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Turns out reddit sucks and upvote/downvote ain't a good mechanic. I'm sure cheez and stealth and fruit and ahluka will be popping in any day

Hey obes aren't you and cheez irl friends? I wonder if he's still at SA

I can honestly say I have never used reddit. I'm not even sure I understand the concept...but meh.

I have cheez on IG. I don't remember fruit. I do remember ahluka - hope he is OK - if I remember correctly he was going through some life changing shit before he left us.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
I am friends with GC IRL but we haven't talked in a while.  He's up in Michigan and we don't ever see each other. 

Also, Reddit is the #2 most visited site in the world.  I would say it's... going pretty strong?

I actually really like Reddit.  I have pretty much stopped visiting a lot of other individual sites because of everything I can get so quickly on Reddit.

ethic

• Gay Pride
  • Jackass VII
    • Orphan Fish
I am friends with GC IRL but we haven't talked in a while.  He's up in Michigan and we don't ever see each other. 

Also, Reddit is the #2 most visited site in the world.  I would say it's... going pretty strong?

I actually really like Reddit.  I have pretty much stopped visiting a lot of other individual sites because of everything I can get so quickly on Reddit.

All the best comments are downvoted tho
I watch you...
:rad: :rad:

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
I don't spend a lot of time in the comments, personally.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Hello, fartfaces

edit: I haven't been to SA in years, I haven't seen ober in even longer :(
Most of my internet commenting time is split between facebook, twitter, and reddit.  I've tried to get into the newer social media sites but I'm pretty sure there's some sort of bright-line cutoff age where you just don't get it and I'm on the wrong side for anything newer than instagram.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
Cheez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It's weird... I recently turned on user registration again at Knuck's request to let a friend in and it popped up that you were waiting to be approved, which I thought was odd.  I assume that's what triggered you coming back?  :)

Anyways, good to hear from you.  It's been forever since I've seen anyone from college.  :( 

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Beta suggested on FB that I re-register, so I tried to and found that it was disabled.  I tried to reset my password and that didn't work, but this afternoon there was a re-activation email in my inbox.

I keep in touch with a couple of my roommates from college, but that's about it.  My A-section counterpart is actually my boss('s boss) at my current job, which is kind of funny.

Other than that, updates from me: Still live outside Detroit, left Patrick/SAIC/Leidos about 3 years ago for a local utility, have a 6 year old and almost 2 year old, and all my hair fell out.  Life is pretty much work/family/gym/sleep every day.  It's boring but it's nice.

micah

• A man on the Internet.
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Good man. Nixon's pro-war and pro-family.
    • micahj.com
the prodigal son has returned!

Glad to hear you've settled nicely into a boring life. I imagine that's all most anyone could ask for :)

"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
That's the way to go man.  My single or young friends talk about all the cool trips they go on or bars/restaurants they go to and I'm just trying to stay up until 9:00 on a given night.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
I guess if we're recapping lives, I still live outside Cleveland, my kids are 9 and 11, I recently (1 year ago) switched industries and I'm a Dev Manager for Streamlinx, and my wife runs her own business from the house (selling digital designs on POD gear).  Oh and I appear to have had a mid-life crisis since I just upgraded to an Iphone X and got a sporty new car.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
What.  New.  Car?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Do they still make Miatas?

RobR

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
Fuck me. Look who just strolled in like he'd never been away... :)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
@knuck - 2018 Civic Coupe EX-T.  Sporty, fast (CVT w/ turbo), and awesome gas mileage.  :)