Author Topic: Personality tests  (Read 5303 times)

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
Personality tests
« on: March 20, 2019, 10:54:13 AM »
Since we had that post about love languages, I thought why not personality tests?

Do you guys know your Myers Briggs? Enneagram? DiSC?

Honestly, I've forgotten what my DiSC is, but I've consistently matched as a INFP (sometimes INFJ) MBTI. I find it hilarious because I'm an information/qa analyst.

I also fall under a 9w8 Enneagram. I like the Enneagram because it accounts for levels of development and direction during growth vs direction during stress. Some random info:

In Integration
9w8s in health are pleasant, agreeable people who also exude an innate sense of authority. They are also a double body center. 9w8s bring a stable, calm, firm, and solid energy into places and situations. The Eight wing brings an aura of strength to the easygoing Type Nine. Their strength is much more reserved and detached than the aggression and raw power of the pure Type Eight, though. The Eight wing helps the Nine to move through life with more common sense, directness, and a take-charge attitude.

In Disintegration
Usually, a stressed out 9w8 will be compliant and try to move away from conflict, except for the times when the Eight wing roars and the Nine suddenly explodes. These eruptions of anger serve to try to communicate to people in their lives that a Nine’s boundaries have been crossed.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Personality tests
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 12:05:12 PM »
I have never done this type f test before - at least not that I remember. I just did the one you linked to and got this result:
You are most likely a type 3.

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 8w7

It is not clear from these test results which Enneagram type and wing you are.

I scored 9.4 in type 3 (the Achiever) and a 9 in type 8 (the Challenger) - I would say that both describe me very well. 
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 12:05:18 PM »
My Myers-Briggs has shifted over time. This is mostly because I've been most near the center on 3 of the 4 areas.  The last time I did it I got 50% on three areas and then strong introvert.  I honestly see this in real life where I'll switch between different modes of thinking quite freely.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 12:37:55 PM »
I'd never heard of Enneagram but it seems pretty legit.

I am a 5

That whole big long description is totally me.

9 was a second followed by 6.  So they say 5w6.  Really interesting.

EDIT: Interestingly enough, I took the second 1-page quiz and it was flipped but still the same two. 6w5 with 9 again as my second.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 12:51:29 PM by micah »
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 12:58:50 PM »
I'm also a 9w8, *high-five*!

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 02:21:40 PM »
So they say 5w6.  Really interesting.

EDIT: Interestingly enough, I took the second 1-page quiz and it was flipped but still the same two. 6w5 with 9 again as my second.

I could definitely see both. I think 6w5 fits you better as a whole but your areas of stress/growth seems to be closer to 5.

I'm also a 9w8, *high-five*!
Yayy peace and laziness!

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 04:57:21 PM »

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2019, 09:55:41 AM »
I'm a Di in DISC.  I haven't done the other ones.  My current company puts our DISC assessment on our name tags on our desk and the Scrum teams post what everyone is.  They make a big deal about it because it helps to understand other people and know how to generally interact with them to get the best results.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2019, 12:23:11 PM »
I did the second test and type 8 won by a land slide. Reading through the summary of The Challenger again, and talking about it with my wife, is helping me see that I have some pretty shitty personality traits. I mean, there are things I can change, for sure to be a better person. But how the hell does a guy in his mid thirties develop compassion and empathy? I dunno - maybe I need some one-on-one's with our counselor! ;) seriously though - I want my relationships (especially with my immediate family) to be stronger - I always thought that showing emotion and vulnerability is a sign of weakness. I want to work on that.

Such Eights enjoy intimidating others whom they see as "weak" and feel little compunction about walking over anyone who stands in their way. They can be crude, brutal and dangerous.

I have to admit - I have some of the above - probably too much at times. This is something I need to stop doing. I don't think I do it at home, however I know that some things I teach my kids, and especially my son, could lend it self to the same behavior in the future. It is such a fine line, however, between exhibiting confidence, courage, and a don't fuck with me attitude and being perceived as a fucking jerk. I know I need to work on this at work; I am cruel to some people way too often.

Wow, we're turning into a fucking psychotherapy community! :D

I'll work on some of this right now: there are times I want to see the world like Charlie does. Even though I don't agree with a lot of his ideologies, I want to be able to see things from a different perspective. If I can pin point it to a single thing, it would be that Charlie is not judgmental. I am very judgmental.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2019, 01:32:54 PM »
I always thought that showing emotion and vulnerability is a sign of weakness. I want to work on that.

I've subconsciously felt that way for decades.  When I was a kid I was very overly emotional. I see a lot of me in my youngest daughter who is like that now.  The slightest thing, even talking about something dangerous, makes her cry. She's very personable and has friends but at night she'll cry in bed falling asleep saying that everybody hates her and she has no friends.

At some point in adolescence, I started to man up. By the time I was 16 I became pretty stoic. That's about when my mom died. I remember crying a couple times but that was it. I didn't have a long grieving process or anything. I just accepted what happened and adjusted to the new normal.  And I've been that way ever since - at least on the outside.

I didn't realize I was like this though. I still have a lot of empathy but I generally don't show my emotions IRL.  In my mind, I'm a wreck but I think I suppress it to make other people happy or to make them like me or to somehow convince myself that I'm happy.  A couple weeks ago when my wife and I first started talking about some issues we were having I started sobbing and she said, "oh look you DO have emotions."  It really took me aback; I feel like I'm nothing but a giant ball of emotion but even my wife sees me as apathetic.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 01:53:42 PM by micah »
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2019, 01:49:27 PM »
It is such a fine line, however, between exhibiting confidence, courage, and a don't fuck with me attitude and being perceived as a fucking jerk.

Thats a good point though. Its important to instill confidence in your children. Meekness generally won't help you in life, unless you want to be subordinate to others.  But you're right, there is that fine line when you can't be a jerk.

I would think the more important thing to work on is empathy. For some people though I know its hard, and for my older daughter on the autism spectrum it's nearly impossible.  But being able to put yourself in someone eleses shoes and not just think "what would i do in their situation" but "what are they feeling in this situation" is key to not only how you perceive them but how they perceive you. 

It's easy to say that "that bum should get a job" but its a lot harder to think, "what trauma in that fellow humans life brought him to a place where he can no longer keep a steady job. we all make bad decisions and I'm sure he made plenty but who am I to judge?" then to feel with those thoughts what it must be like to want to be normal and have a job but be unable to because of addiction or mental illness or maybe just not having the skills needed.  How miserable they must feel knowing that some jackass just walked by and said "get a job!"

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2019, 12:26:42 AM »
Just did the Enneagram: 4w3

Reading the descriptions feel right.

I did a free version of the DISC test and I got 48% on D, 19% on I and S, and 13% of C.  So does that make me Dis?  Or something? Dunno, they want money for the rest.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2019, 09:59:51 PM »
DISC is usually a primary and a secondary.  Like I'm a DI.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2019, 12:18:24 AM »
Right, but all three of the secondary fall into the same range.  Heck, two of them are the same.  /shrug

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2019, 10:20:40 AM »
The paid version has complete "profiles" with all 4 combinations. Let me see if I can snag someone's copy at work.