Author Topic: Watches  (Read 15891 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Watches
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2018, 08:50:54 AM »
Man... I don't mean to be a downer - but I'm starting to see why you and your wife have money issues.  You're a few thousand in the hole and in danger of not being able to drive but you go and drop almost $300 on a watch?  And your wife has an iWatch?  As someone who has gone through money issues myself and made some stupid purchases, you gotta cut that shit out.  *tough love*  Stop telling yourself you 'deserve' things and buckle down.  It isn't easy and isn't fun but when you come out on the other side, it feels really damn good.  Trust me when I say I've been in less than stellar financial shape and have finally pulled myself out of it.  When you get in a better financial place, then you can splurge a little because then you'll actually 'deserve it'.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2018, 11:00:02 AM »
Man... I don't mean to be a downer - but I'm starting to see why you and your wife have money issues.  You're a few thousand in the hole and in danger of not being able to drive but you go and drop almost $300 on a watch?  And your wife has an iWatch?  As someone who has gone through money issues myself and made some stupid purchases, you gotta cut that shit out.  *tough love*  Stop telling yourself you 'deserve' things and buckle down.  It isn't easy and isn't fun but when you come out on the other side, it feels really damn good.  Trust me when I say I've been in less than stellar financial shape and have finally pulled myself out of it.  When you get in a better financial place, then you can splurge a little because then you'll actually 'deserve it'.

well put Ober, that was my sentiment exactly after reading Micah's post but you put it into words way more nicely than I did. Buckle down, get rid of the wants, concentrate on the needs. Get yourself out of this mess.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2018, 03:21:44 PM »
I wasn't going to be defensive, because your not wrong... but I don't buy myself expensive stuff, like ever.  I got $30 worth of bobble heads for Christmas, nothing for my birthday and nothing for fathers day. I'm the fucking martyr of not getting shit because we don't have any money.  We just came off a month and half of me being out of work and pinching every penny... I got my first paycheck and had socked away a few hundred bucks from my last side project and I thought, aw what the hell, I want this watch.  Then when I realized we were coming up short this month I immediately went and returned it.  I don't think my impulsive spending is the problem here.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2018, 03:58:47 PM »
I didn't mean to offend you and I know you said you returned it.  Maybe it was the way you worded it.  I don't know.  Look man, I care about you and I want you to not struggle with this stuff.  Like I said, I totally know what you're going through and it's miserable.  I was just trying to point out the obvious if it would have helped in any way possible.  Sorry micah.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2018, 06:11:40 AM »
Back on track here...   :D

I picked up another watch, one I am more comfortable wearing to work.  I would rather not put the Grand Seiko in that situation on a daily basis.  I ordered it with an orange rubber strap, but also picked up a blue stingray strap for giggles.

This is a Farer, Ponter.

I could not be more pleased.  Wears thin, amazing legibility, and build quality is really nice inside and out.

Whaddya think?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2018, 09:01:53 AM »
Wow, I like this one a lot. Something I would wear for sure. When I read the post without looking at the pictures I cringed at both band choices, but holy cow, they both work real well with this watch. Nicely done
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2018, 09:21:22 AM »
That's a sharp looking watch!  :)

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2018, 07:42:39 AM »
Wow, I like this one a lot. Something I would wear for sure. When I read the post without looking at the pictures I cringed at both band choices, but holy cow, they both work real well with this watch. Nicely done

lol

Early on I remember thinking silicone, frog, stingray, nah seem nuts.  So that went out the window after seeing the reality of it.

Jake get one while they last.  They are only making 150 of the Farer Ponter.  It has a few amazing brothers too.

https://farer.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwqPDaBRC6ARIsACAf4hAqRvIL9yH4QQLT9Mx1btTn5Uibb0plFAFg3e-ZzM9qoKUl9CS4_vcaAucDEALw_wcB