Author Topic: What is ES reading?  (Read 80497 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: What is ES reading?
« Reply #255 on: October 23, 2012, 06:56:20 PM »
So Jake, you never finished book 3? I thought the ending was great

not quite
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #256 on: October 24, 2012, 01:14:40 AM »
Started watching the show. The guy playing Kahl Drago is a MONSTER
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #257 on: October 25, 2012, 05:27:10 PM »
I'm almost done the second book, but truth be told I did a lot of skimming over the parts fighting to hold my interest. Mostly I am skimming over Danny and Stannis and then putting their chapters together on the last couple of pages. I feel that I shouldn't be but for some reason they interest me greatly (dragons and the evil magic) yet mostly their turns bore the shit out of me.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #258 on: October 25, 2012, 10:16:19 PM »
I wish I could see through my German Shepherd....or even her Husky like they do in the Direwolves. All I would ever see if my dogs asshole, though.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #259 on: October 26, 2012, 04:58:02 PM »
Book two down, starting three. Glad the small two are still alive, i suspected what they ended up doing was exactly what they did. The daughter needs to make north also, i'm sure her wolf is still watching. The fall of their home saddens me.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #260 on: October 30, 2012, 01:27:35 AM »
Jesus, I think I just finished the chapter that ruined your days. And if not then it must get a lot worse because this almost ruins all hope I had for an ending....

So everytime it seems Arya will get her family back something bad has to happen....usually to her. I can honestly say I did NOT expect the Frey's to slaughter Robb Stark, his mother, and his men. Jesus Christ in heaven. And Grey Wolf....I hope he made it out of there. Foolish Robb, he is the only one that does not place his absolute trust in the instincts of his wolf.

So now Winterfell will fall to Jon Snow, not that he knows it yet and something tells me that he is about to be named Lord Commander of the Night Watch anyway. Arya....poor Arya I hope she gets back to Rikkon and Bran.

God these books really make you fall in love with people just to slaughter them and they make you despise a guy like Jaimie Lannister only to later begin to feel bad for him and even come to respect him.

I'm so friggen bummed right now but i can't put it down.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #261 on: October 30, 2012, 01:39:38 AM »
SON OF A BITCH WHY??!?!!?!

now i'm PISSED. I want to skip ahead so bad now and find out if it was just a knock out for her own good (hoping) or her demise.

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #262 on: October 30, 2012, 11:58:42 AM »
Haha, yup that was the chapter.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #263 on: October 30, 2012, 02:22:10 PM »
Man that family is my favorite, such a bummer. I am transferring my hope to the bastard and the cripple but i'm sure that will soon be squashed.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #264 on: October 30, 2012, 06:41:37 PM »
Joffrey's wedding made me feel better.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #265 on: November 01, 2012, 03:37:57 AM »
Book three finished! If you have not read book four do not read my small printed font after this final post on book 3 :) The last few chapters of three were shocking. I knew that psycho Lysa killed her husband since book one, but not why. Should have figured that out sooner. Poor Sansa, that girl just cannot get a break. Jon should be lord commander though I suspect Stannis will try and fuck with that. The Measter is a genius for noting the sword had no heat because it is all just trickery and that red bitch is evil. What else hmm Dany is still useless and has too high a view of herself.

If snow stays on the wall it is only a matter of time before Allister and Janos try to kill him.

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #266 on: November 01, 2012, 05:00:03 PM »
I really enjoyed the ending of that book. Still holding out on reading book 4...but I'll probably break soon hehe

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #267 on: November 02, 2012, 02:21:57 PM »
I'm already around 1/4 the way through #4. I really liked the ending of 3 as well, but I felt for Sansa because her and Arya just can't get a break.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #268 on: November 02, 2012, 04:16:18 PM »
I'm reading Gone Girl right now.  Interesting so far.  My wife said it was awesome and I usually like stuff she does (she'll even tell me when I won't like it, which is kinda scary but totally accurate).  It's also like a bestseller and seems to be everywhere right now.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #269 on: November 03, 2012, 11:47:08 AM »
I'm reading Gone Girl right now.  Interesting so far.  My wife said it was awesome and I usually like stuff she does (she'll even tell me when I won't like it, which is kinda scary but totally accurate).  It's also like a bestseller and seems to be everywhere right now.

The description of that sounds really good, and cool it is based in MO. Going to put it on my "to read" list.