Author Topic: damn the man  (Read 5496 times)

l33t-5h1t

• The artist formerly known as Waldo
  • Jackass III
damn the man
« on: April 14, 2005, 03:29:27 PM »
finished my taxes today, unfortunately had to pay about $350 in fed and state because I couldn't get an exemption on my college tuition because my parents claimed me as a dependent...and they can't get it either...so wtf??

So now I'm currently murdering a pillow...

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
damn the man
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 03:31:07 PM »
Wow, if they can't claim it either, why are they still claiming you?  You guys need someone better to do your taxes.  Even when I was in college, I was still getting several hundred back every year from the fed at least.

Also... cutting it close, ain't ya?  ;)

drakkenkorin

• http://www.google.com
damn the man
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 03:35:39 PM »
no kidding.

filed mine back in early feb, got my return and have already spent/saved the money
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

Tama

• Bitch
  • Jackass II
damn the man
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 03:37:58 PM »
>finished my taxes today
Wow, I'm the goddes of procrastination and I got mine done two days ago. :p You've got balls of steel, my friend.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
damn the man
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 03:40:30 PM »
Mine were also done in the middle of feb... and the money is long gone... all $3500 of it.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
damn the man
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 03:46:42 PM »
I didn't file until Sunday.

I'm only getting about $560 back altogether, but then again I was only taxed around $800 last year.

7smurfs

• Jackass III
damn the man
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 04:18:57 PM »
Quote from: ober
Mine were also done in the middle of feb... and the money is long gone... all $3500 of it.
Wow, that('?)s a lot of cash back  :eek:

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
damn the man
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 05:09:02 PM »
Well, most of it was mine, but it's always nicer when you file jointly with your wife ;)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
damn the man
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005, 05:32:56 PM »
I didn't have to file this year! yey!
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

l33t-5h1t

• Jackass III
damn the man
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2005, 05:44:43 PM »
>>You've got balls of steel, my friend.

yes...yes I do

>>someone better to do your taxes

that's what I told my parents but they're set in stone on the fact that "turbotax does it just as good as the pro's"...hence my rage, because they don't just give deductions that no one can claim...and it makes me mad that my parents claimed me because I pay for everything anyway and they're not getting much of a deduction. And now, since I just fronted a bunch of money for some stuff, I'm short for anothe 2 weeks or so. So, my parents are paying the $350 now and I'm paying them back...they could've just not claimed me and we both would've came out fine (it was a $950 deduction by the way, fargin bastards).

Sure I was cutting it close, but they finished theirs the night before and I had some BS to wade through with the high school I did contract work for because they didn't send me a 1099 so I had to beat around the bush for a week to see if they reported my earnings or not...they didn't...

damn the man

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
damn the man
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2005, 05:56:19 PM »
Quote from: l33t-5h1t
>>You've got balls of steel, my friend.

yes...yes I do

>>someone better to do your taxes

that's what I told my parents but they're set in stone on the fact that "turbotax does it just as good as the pro's"...hence my rage, because they don't just give deductions that no one can claim...and it makes me mad that my parents claimed me because I pay for everything anyway and they're not getting much of a deduction. And now, since I just fronted a bunch of money for some stuff, I'm short for anothe 2 weeks or so. So, my parents are paying the $350 now and I'm paying them back...they could've just not claimed me and we both would've came out fine (it was a $950 deduction by the way, fargin bastards).

Sure I was cutting it close, but they finished theirs the night before and I had some BS to wade through with the high school I did contract work for because they didn't send me a 1099 so I had to beat around the bush for a week to see if they reported my earnings or not...they didn't...

damn the man

cheapest turbotax is ~$30, I get my taxes done for about the same price by someone else... Waldo, I think you're in Rockford, correct? if so, I get my taxes done with TaxPol in Mount prospect (Rand and Central)
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

l33t-5h1t

• Jackass III
damn the man
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2005, 06:04:33 PM »
well im about 25min from rockford, next year im going to either the place you suggested or at least H&R block

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
damn the man
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2005, 06:18:29 PM »
Oh yeah I guess I should file tonight.  In all fairness I was waiting for mom to do her's since she goes to the accountant.  Since I made so little last year, she's claiming me and my tution.  I'm claiming no one and still get the money back.  Plus since she's co-owner of the truck (so I can ride on her insurance) she got to claim that as well.

l33t-5h1t

• Jackass III
damn the man
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2005, 06:26:07 PM »
the only thing I got to write off was 300 miles for business...that's it. You're lucky man, don't take it for granted.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
damn the man
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2005, 06:28:11 PM »
Yeah real lucky to get those ~$35 back