Author Topic: Getting pissed off  (Read 5606 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Getting pissed off
« on: April 15, 2005, 03:09:07 AM »
[rant]

so yah, it is 2 am here, and I have a project due sometime tomorrow. It is a semester long group project. The groups were chosen by the professor: I ended up with two grad students, one who doesn't know almost any English, and another who has really poor leadership qualities (yes, the prof chose him as the leader). There is also this undergrad, who does absolutely nothing.

Anyway, the third submission is due tomorrow - this part is actual implementation and testing of the code. (the project is desiging a rather extensive system, document driven approach, first submission was requirements specifications (43 pages long) second was design documentation (50 pages long)). I did most of the work on the first two parts, and told the group that they will do code the damn thing, and I will design the testing strategy.

As of 2am this morning, I got about 10 classes, out of which 1 works properly, and only 5 could be tested....I'll wait til about 3 to get some more stuff in, but this is really pissing me off...good thing that this is graded per submission, and I Aced the first two. I really doubt this one will be done on time, and if done at all....BTW, we had almost a month to do this.

Before you say "go tell the prof" let me tell you that I really can't - and even if I would want to he wont listen. Only the leader can bring forth complaints about other group members - I doubt that he will, as he would have to complain about himself............

[/rant]
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

bman

• Jackass II
Getting pissed off
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 05:04:39 AM »
That sucks axon, let me know if you want some help beating the crap out of your group members :)

Major_Small

• Jackass IV
    • http://www.johnshaoonline.com
Getting pissed off
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 06:46:55 AM »
move up the chain.
Team Cprog Folding@Home: Team #43476
Download it Here
Detailed Stats Here
More Detailed Stats
51 Members so far, are YOU a member?
Current team score: 827850 (ranked 357 of 41389)

The CBoard team is doing better than [COLOR='#0000FF']99.13%[/COLOR] of the other teams
Top 5 Members: Xterria(331048), Bennet(64957), pianorain(56621), Codeplug(35842), JaWiB(34917)

Last Updated on: Mon, 28 Nov, 2005 @ 3:21 PM EST

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Getting pissed off
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 08:06:53 AM »
That blows axon, but I feel your pain.  I had some horrible groups in college, and the only decent ones that I had involved Jeremy (GC).  Micros II, Capstone design.... and I think that was it.  Our capstone group core members were myself, Jeremy, a girl we all wanted to bone but she was too smart for us, and my roommate who is too smart for his own good.  We got a kickass grade in that class :)

drakkenkorin

• http://www.google.com
Getting pissed off
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 12:13:37 PM »
do what i did.

advise the prof, that the other members are not contributing sufficient and/or quality work and that most of the work on the project is yours (our project was on genotypic plasticity amongst human populations).  but also let it be known that you are willing to stay with the group but that you would be livid (i think i said something about an aluminum baseball bat and someone's head) that if the grade is distributed evenly amongst the group members.

when it was all said and done, the group got an a+, the grade i got, one group member who the prof knew was worthless got an f, and the other girl got a c.

originally we were just supposed to turn in our paper.  well since apparently i wasn't the only person who complained about the group, the week after the papers were due, he called the group in individually and we had to orally defend our paper.  needless to say, since i had done a substantial portion of the work, i pretty much knew a big chunk of the work, the other girl (who got a c) barely got through it, and the other guy didn't even show up.
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

VBprogrammer

• Back on GMT thank god
  • Jackass IV
Getting pissed off
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 12:46:53 PM »
Something tells me the girl done more than 'orally defend' her work...

drakkenkorin

• http://www.google.com
Getting pissed off
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 01:17:15 PM »
don't think so, our prof is/was a "friend of dorothy" :p

and before anyone suggests it, no.
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Getting pissed off
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2005, 01:21:24 PM »
> and before anyone suggests it, no.

Are you sure?  You can tell us.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Getting pissed off
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2005, 01:30:52 PM »
>> girl we all wanted to bone but she was too smart for us

Tell us more.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
Getting pissed off
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2005, 01:41:48 PM »
Quote from: drakkenkorin
don't think so, our prof is/was a "friend of dorothy" :p

:lol: :rofl:

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Getting pissed off
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2005, 02:00:31 PM »
>  Our capstone group core members were myself, Jeremy, a girl we all wanted to bone but she was too smart for us, and my roommate who is too smart for his own good. We got a kickass grade in that class

We also had Jeff and Mark, who were both really good.  And then there was also the one morbidly obese guy that almost never showed up.

As for pics, I had some from when we went to Ben's wedding, but they were lost when I had to format my hdd last month.  Sorry RoD.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Getting pissed off
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2005, 02:04:29 PM »
Torture is always a good motivator :)

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Getting pissed off
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2005, 02:06:56 PM »
its the thought that counts.....tell me, was it hawt?
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Getting pissed off
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2005, 02:18:43 PM »
Was what hot?  The wedding?  It was short, so that was nice.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Getting pissed off
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2005, 02:29:19 PM »
the dress.