Author Topic: forum request  (Read 3279 times)

ygfperson

• Founders
    • Last.fm
forum request
« on: April 12, 2005, 06:37:40 PM »
could we separate the feature request/entropysink improvement threads from the rest of the off topic ones by maybe sticking them in a separate forum? there's just way too much information for my brain to handle (or maybe i'm just tired)

Ken Fitlike

• Jackass V
  • Ebeneezer McScrooge
forum request
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 07:16:35 PM »
I don't think that's such a great idea as it would clutter the boards up with an unnecessary forum, however temporary it might be. The 'feature request' thread is aready stickied and the only other currently active threads are regarding forum themes and site logos.

Currently active threads:

Not so much to get lost in, is there? ;)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 10:01:12 PM by Ken Fitlike »
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
forum request
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 07:18:47 PM »
I agree with Ken on this one.  A little less pot would help you focus ;)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
forum request
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 07:20:01 PM »
Of course the feature request thread took a turn I wasn't planning for but should have expected :)

ygfperson

• Founders
    • Last.fm
forum request
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 05:03:10 PM »
Not so much to get lost in, is there?

it's different from my point of view since i'm only here daily... since last time i checked there were 20 or so bold threads in the off topic forum alone (but to be fair it's been about 2 days right now). there are at least 6 threads dealing with site design in the off topic forum, and sometimes it'd be easier to just search through those threads and ignore the off topic links until i have time to read through them

maybe just edit the thread titles to start off with "SITE DESIGN: "?

VBprogrammer

• Back on GMT thank god
  • Jackass IV
forum request
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 09:36:30 PM »
Or a sub-board?

Ken Fitlike

• Jackass V
  • Ebeneezer McScrooge
forum request
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 09:57:26 PM »
Quote from: "ygfperson"
sometimes it'd be easier to just search through those threads and ignore the off topic links until i have time to read through them
Then use the 'New Posts' link/button - this will list the currently active threads and it should be fairly obvious which are about site design. Mike has also provided a clever facility on the main site page that shows 'hot topics' so I still think that between these two features it's only essentially a click or two and a little skimming on your behalf in order to find those threads relevant to your current interest.

I'll also edit my post above to reflect those threads that seem to be relevant to site design.

Quote from: "vbProgrammer"
Or a sub-board?
I'm still disinclined to create a new forum for something that will be transient at best (okay, there's a lot of activity now but that won't always be the case once the main content has stabilised).

Still, if there's a huge and popular outcry/demand for it then it can obviously be done.
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
forum request
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 10:35:58 PM »
I'm backing Ken on this one... until more people ask for it, I'm not going to go around marking specific threads as special or creating a sub-board for certain topics.