Author Topic: The art of Decepticon (Optimus Prime)  (Read 4661 times)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
The art of Decepticon (Optimus Prime)
« on: May 02, 2008, 01:35:58 PM »
I'm sure there isnt a person on this forum who doesnt know who Optimus Prime is, but im just wondering if anyone else has read his book? I'm about halfway through it now, and so far i like it but i can only give it like a 5 or 6. Its redundent. Not in the way that makes his point, which he does very well, but in a way that it goes beyond someone trying to make a point to almost just trying to fill pages.

I actually feel bad saying that, because Prime is one of my idols of the transforming robot world. The robot is brilliant in both the transforming and driving as well as his exceptional ass kicking skills. I was kind of expecting this to be more of a "let me tell you the whole story" book, and im kind of disappointed he hasnt written one. Like, his life from his point of view.

Thoughts?

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: The art of Decepticon (Optimus Prime)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 01:45:34 PM »
I bought that book a year or two ago from thinkgeek.com (it came discounted with the "More than meets the eye" tshirt I bought my sister for Christmas).

I only got about half way through it (because I don't read) but I enjoyed it. You're  right though, it is somewhat redundant and not autobiographical at all.  For me though, the redundancy of showing so many different examples of transforming really got my mind thinking about. Its nothing I had really thought about before, and now I find myself doing it all the time (not for sinister deeds but for staying in disguise).

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 01:54:10 PM »
I have always been into TF. In fact, i used some earlier this week to defend earth from evil space robots. He definitly brings in some angles i had not thought of though. I kept reading on after my post, and it seems to be getting better. I know alot about primes history, but i never knew the one about him and the friend pulling one over on the developers of Beast Wars. Funny stuff =] It also did not occur to me at first that 90% of these stories ARE his, he just isnt stupid enough to use his own name. The details, providing energon used and where to obtain it, the extensive first person view....it isnt coincidence or having alot of friends. It's him.

Theres two chapters at the end called "Optimus's story" and "Primess lost chapter" but im trying not to skip ahead. So i may get what i want out of it after all. Anyone whos interested in reading it feel free to pm me or hit google for the free PDF version.

Dumah

• Jackass IV
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 03:41:09 PM »
I was always a big fan of Soundwave, but after those pictures of him wearing stilletos & makeup came out I didnt want to know any more.

I could handle the accusations of drunken battery from Rumble & Lazerbeak and even the occasional newspaper picture of him passed out in a gutter, smacked out of his mind on energon cubes, but with this most recent scandal I've given up on a childhood hero.

Nevermind...

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 10:53:22 PM »
LMAO
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 01:01:35 AM »
I miss chez :(
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?