Author Topic: Official Esink Home Brewing Thread  (Read 29523 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Official Esink Home Brewing Thread
« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2012, 08:51:50 PM »
Sure I could google all my style/type questions, but I actually prefer having conversations with Jeremy as opposed to just reading it. I like to learn from others about things that interest me.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #151 on: February 07, 2012, 09:17:09 PM »
Its a wheat beer. Weiss is German for white

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #152 on: February 07, 2012, 09:22:11 PM »
Ahh, that actually makes sense.

It's a good beer, but honestly this is my second one and it doesn't really taste any different than their nut brown
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #153 on: February 07, 2012, 09:25:24 PM »
Then your tastebuds are broken, they shouldn't taste anything alike

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #154 on: February 07, 2012, 09:41:42 PM »
the Weiss doesn't have the roasted notes at all, but the flavor of the beer is very close. The most noticeable difference is that the Weiss is lighter and the mouth feel isn't as heavy as the nut brown.

I don't mean they taste the same, just that they aren't really far apart like I would have expected.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2012, 07:13:45 AM »
Tried their Amber Ale last night, very good beer. God I can't wait for the IPA to carb up.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2012, 08:04:25 AM »
Did you manage to hit Sicilianos when you were in GR?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2012, 06:25:57 PM »
No i have to post that story, what a stressful insane trip.

Trying lein's "creamy dark". VERY good beer.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #158 on: March 18, 2012, 09:47:59 AM »
Celebrated the Irish by bottling a wine, an IPA, canning up se shine, and brewing an Alaskan Ale.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #160 on: May 19, 2012, 08:35:33 PM »
Tried a new beer today. "Unfiltered Wheat Beer" by "Boulevard Brewing Company". It's OK, doesn't really have any flavor at all. Aftertaste is like a heavy, warm beer. For $5 it's drinkable, but like i said no flavor. Won't be buying this again.

My Mango Wheat is done fermenting, just need to find time to wash the bottles.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #161 on: June 01, 2012, 09:50:06 PM »
Jeremy have you tried " Leinerliugels Summer Shandy"? When I was growing up i always wondered what that great smelling lemon pinesol tasted like......now I know. It isn't bad, but the smell and everything screams pinesol so it won't be on my top ten

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #162 on: June 01, 2012, 10:04:44 PM »
I like leinies a lot but not a fan of the shandy. Try the sunset wheat, it tastes like fruity pebbles

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #163 on: June 01, 2012, 10:50:07 PM »
I like leinies a lot but not a fan of the shandy. Try the sunset wheat, it tastes like fruity pebbles

I keep missing that one, it sells out super fast. I keep watching for it though

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #164 on: August 15, 2012, 01:48:52 AM »
That time of year!

Some Apple Pie has been made and is now in the jars to age until first snow fall, and hopefully some makes it to Christmas - January. Some will get consumed before then from my flask while hunting.

Got my pumpkin beer in the bucket, that will sit there for a month then go into the bottles to condition.

Tonight I am sampling Samuel Adams "Latitude 48 IPA". I like a good IPA, but this one takes like shit.