Author Topic: I cook better while camping than Micah does at home...  (Read 1961 times)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
I cook better while camping than Micah does at home...
« on: June 17, 2012, 10:47:26 PM »
So yesterday was forecast to be about 105 so I decided to GTFO and go camping where it was suppose to be in the low 80s.  Packed up and headed out late morning.  The original plan called for a four mile hike to Glacier Lake but that turned out not to be the case.  Since I had never been to this area before I wasn't familiar with the trails and took a wrong one.  By the time I came across another person who corrected me I was more than half way down the hill and he told me there was a nice pond at the bottom of the hill.  So I decided to just keep going and I found the pond and it was quite nice.

The terrain kinda sucks as it is rolling granite so you are walking on rocks of various sizes most of the time.  The trails are lightly used so they easily disappear and you really have to stop and find where it picks up.  But there are a ton of lakes and ponds in the area so I'm gonna have to go back and do some day hikes.  The last 5 miles of the drive in are on a high dirt road that is kinda fun to drive.

Dinner:

Steak that I seasoned and cooked on site.  The veggies were leftover from Friday's dinner and put into the pan to reheat.  It was my first time using the Jetboil Fry Pan which worked great.

Album: https://picasaweb.google.com/116435020345246671945/DowneyLake0616_1712
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 08:28:26 AM by Mike »

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: I eat better while camping than Micah does at home...
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 10:53:29 PM »
I have been thinking about picking that fry pan up, actually
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 11:36:46 PM »
It worked really well.  The only complaint is that some of the burnt stuff is still stuck to the pan.  I love my Jetboil.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 11:55:39 PM »
It worked really well.  The only complaint is that some of the burnt stuff is still stuck to the pan.  I love my Jetboil.

I keep a travel size thing of dawn and a bit of oxyclean in a ziplock for cleaning up pans and things. When something gets burnt on a bit of oxyclean and a little water makes a paste, coat that on for about ten minutes and it will come right off.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?