Author Topic: BAM! $ Pleez  (Read 11054 times)

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Re: BAM! $ Pleez
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2012, 09:46:28 PM »
I'm choosing not to believe this one. Thank you. Have a nice day.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2012, 11:28:46 PM »

you can ignore reality, but it wont go away
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2012, 12:26:46 AM »

you can ignore reality, but it wont go away
Saints fans have been ignoring reality for a long time

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2012, 12:44:01 AM »
:rofl2:
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2012, 02:25:01 PM »
This is true - and at times we're proud of it....I'm actually really skeptical of this one.  It's 1 unnamed source about a dramatic headline grabbign incident  from before even Katrina, and many football people are saying that they can't imagine that it would have provided any real advantage to the team because of the team spcific verbage used on those kinds of conversations and because even if he did udnerstand, he would have had to act so fast to relay the information down to the field so it could be taken advantage of that it'd be useless.

ESPN started this and even some of their commenters don't believe it....Until there's better proof - I don't believe it.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2012, 02:37:54 PM »
ESPN may be evil, but many people have made arguments like that saying the information would have been useless so it must be false, only to find out the accusations were true. The usefulness of the data can only be known once the data is received so why would it stop them from doing it?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2012, 03:00:00 PM »
This is true - and at times we're proud of it....I'm actually really skeptical of this one.  It's 1 unnamed source about a dramatic headline grabbign incident  from before even Katrina, and many football people are saying that they can't imagine that it would have provided any real advantage to the team because of the team spcific verbage used on those kinds of conversations and because even if he did udnerstand, he would have had to act so fast to relay the information down to the field so it could be taken advantage of that it'd be useless.

ESPN started this and even some of their commenters don't believe it....Until there's better proof - I don't believe it.
While it might not help on an individual game you could use it for information gathering.

Now granted "may have been able to" is awfully vague.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2012, 03:24:41 PM »
It's a sexy story.  Proof isn't necissary.  High quality journalism.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2012, 03:48:04 PM »
many football people are saying that they can't imagine that it would have provided any real advantage to the team because of the team spcific verbage used on those kinds of conversations and because even if he did udnerstand, he would have had to act so fast to relay the information down to the field so it could be taken advantage of that it'd be useless.

Nobody is saying he did anything with the information that I can tell. So it's not like you need to believe or disbelieve that he'd be able to use it. Obviously there's an implied question as to whether he did, but I haven't seen any accusations other than he listened in.

Problem is that that's a felony, although I guess the statute of limitations probably ran out. Still, Goodell would probably give some stiff penalties just for listening.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2012, 05:53:44 PM »
ESPN's commenters are largely fucking idiots, I wouldn't take any solace in their disbelief

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2012, 02:57:50 PM »
Aww