Author Topic: workout music  (Read 2656 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
workout music
« on: March 25, 2009, 12:26:45 AM »
What do you guys listen to to get you pumped while working out? Believe it or not it is loud-bass-pumpin hip-hop for me :) nothing else motivates me like some good ol' gangsta rap.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: workout music
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 06:12:38 AM »
Podcast or audio book.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 08:40:39 AM »
Podcast or audio book.

to work out? really?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 09:52:53 AM »
Podcast or audio book.

Seriously? lol...

I put a mix of things that pump me up like linkin park, breaking benjamin, etc and something with a middle ground like rascal flatts, aerosmith, etc on my mp3 player when i run. Reason being is i tend to get pumped up but then as i got worn down the fast paced heavier music starts to annoy me for some reason and i switch.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 10:31:17 AM »
Usually rap and hip hop or some screamy rock type music.  Depends on the mood and workout of the day.  I think the latter works better when you have a really heavy day.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 12:23:30 PM »
Seriously.  Fastest hour and an half there is.  I have tried music and enjoy it, but the podcasts and or audio books just work better.  I look forward to the listen time as much as the workouts.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 12:26:22 PM »
Seriously.  Fastest hour and an half there is.  I have tried music and enjoy it, but the podcasts and or audio books just work better.  I look forward to the listen time as much as the workouts.

I find the same thing with driving. I listen to interesting talk radio and the time just zips by.

For working out I either like something fast or something happy sounding (like reggae or sublime).

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 01:41:52 PM »
I listen to stern while im working at the computer, and even some audiobooks (like artie lange too fat too fish) but working out....just cant see it
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 10:59:41 AM »

I'm still trying to get a consistent workout going, but I've been doing some cardio stuff and it always seems to work better when I can watch TV while doing it. I'm sure the podcast/audio book would have the same effect.