Author Topic: Fantasy Football Keeper League  (Read 39647 times)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Fantasy Football Keeper League
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2007, 12:45:26 PM »
> The keeper is important because who we get early is who we get stuck with.

wait what

I thought we decided who we'd keep at the end of the season?

The reason I couldn't make this draft is because I will be at another draft for my money league.  If we did it the day before I'd be fine.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2007, 12:49:28 PM »
Yeah, we decide at the end of the season. But most of the time the players we decide on at the end of the season will be based on who we picked in the draft. I don't mean stuck with as in "have to keep" I just mean stuck with as in "the best player I have so I'll probably keep".

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2007, 01:05:28 PM »
Oh ok.

What do you think about the draft a day earlier

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2007, 01:19:57 PM »
I'm free pretty much any weekday or weeknight. If a day earlier gets more people to make it I'm all for it.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2007, 02:47:10 PM »
I joined.  Next tuesday's ok for me.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2007, 03:14:32 PM »
 :dancin:

That smilie is really goofy, but it was either that or the dancing deodorant.

Ooooh... did it set a draft order? Who gets LdT??

By the way... jkim, this is NEWS!!!

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2007, 03:17:40 PM »
Doh! I pick last in the first round. :suicide:

I guess I better get used to it. I think in a keeper the draft order is based on the previous year's reverse order of finish, so it looks like I'll be drafting last for a while. :dancin:

#1 noodlek...   
#2 Kermi3'...   
#3 Blahblahs   
#4 Mile Hi...   
#5 Team Cshot   
#6 bitchin...   
#7 TEAM AW...   
#8 Charlie...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 03:58:37 PM by charlie »

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2007, 11:36:23 AM »
Tuesday doesn't work for me :(  ... or Monday for that matter.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2007, 02:01:19 PM »
Oh, I was just saying that because it seemed like wednesday wasn't going to work with others.  Wednesday's good too.

Cshot

• Jackass III
  • Green Member
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2007, 03:39:16 AM »
Yea, I'm gonna be autodrafting also. 8pm EST is too early for us west coasters.

And to clarify, we're going with 2 keepers? And is the scoring rules set or did you want to make them the same as the non-keeper?

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2007, 05:21:34 PM »
Some issues/clarifications for this league.

• 1. Could we move the draft to Tuesday or Wednesday of next week? I'm asking if it is allowed first, and if it is allowed and doesn't screw with the season then would that allow more people to attend it? I can still make the currently scheduled draft.

• 2. Will we have 2 or 3 keepers? Currently the league is set at 4 (see the league rules), so based on previous conversations in this thread that will have to change. I keep going back and forth, but my current slight preference is for 3 keepers.

• 3. The current playoff settings say 6 playoff teams. In an 8 team league, I think this should be 4 playoff teams playing weeks 15 and 16 for the title. Anybody disagree?

• 4. The playoff seed tiebreakers have division record first. I don't think we'll have divisions in this league, so it may not matter, but I would put that last. The rest of the order looks good to me.

• 5. The game tiebreakers are fine with me. I like bench scoring as a tiebreaker, but it really doesn't matter much.

• 6. Current rosters are: 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TM (total 8 active) plus 7 bench. Anybody have any issues with this? I'm fine with it. I wouldn't mind an extra running back in the starting lineup and still having 7 (or 8) bench guys. There's only 8 teams, so an extra roster spot should not be an issue, but I really have little preference.

• 7. I think I like the waiver settings. I remember there was some discussion on this in the past, so if you're not sure if it is the way you like it make sure to check. Edit: PJYelton reminded me - we should consider switching Reset Order Weekly to No.

• 8. I don't care much about the scoring options, the default is fine. Personally I'm not a big fan of bonus points, but I don't really care about this. Check the scoring rules if it matters to you.

If nobody has any further opinion on these I wouldn't mind seeing #2, #3 and #4 updated before the draft.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 06:28:09 PM by charlie »

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2007, 06:16:13 PM »
Once again I agree with Charlie...except on the positions...having another RB would effectively cause everyone to start 4, and I think that's a bit much...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2007, 06:18:46 PM »
I agree with everyone of Charlie's points except #7.  I think always having the worst player get top waiver pick every week screws over those middle teams who need a decent player to compete with the top teams since theres never any players left by the time their pick rolls around.  Teams that start off hot then lose a star player also get screwed since again their record is too good to get a decent replacement player.  I think theres a lot more strategy in the more common rule of having a player drop to the bottom of the waiver list if they use their pick since a player has to decide whether or not to spend their waiver slot on a player now or save it for a potentially better player later.

I definately agree we need a second running back spot, otherwise our flex spot will simply always be our second running back.  Where are you getting 4 Kermi?  It would just be 3 with the flex and two RB spots.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2007, 06:30:08 PM »
Ahh, thanks for the reminder PJ. I don't care that much, but I'd lean towards your suggested change to the waiver wire.

Also, I count a max of 3 RB's also. There's only 1 RB currently on the roster in this league (its different in the non-keeper). Also, last year my Flex was always a WR, so it won't necessarily just be an extra RB.

Cshot

• Jackass III
  • Green Member
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2007, 07:04:29 PM »
I agree with Charlie on all points except for the waivers. Waivers should be done based on reverse draft order. Once you use your waiver, you go back to the end of the line. This rewards people that wait for their waiver picks.

Also, are there trade deadlines in this league? Can't remember.