Author Topic: What's your speed?  (Read 14580 times)

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: What's your speed?
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2011, 06:43:45 PM »
If I get more than like 6 windows x 4 tabs each going I feel claustrophobic. Same with too many icons on desktop.

:dblthumb2:

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2011, 07:11:30 PM »
One thing I'm LOVING about the new box is Win7s previewer in the taskbar.  Seriously, I love that dang thing.  Got a bunch of the same program open?  The previewer makes it easy to find the right one.  It even updates in (mostly) real time.  I can have 6 game clients open and see enough detail to pick out the one that needs attention.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2011, 07:17:25 PM »
Oh you mean that feature that the docs in linux and osx have had for like 6 years?
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2011, 07:18:33 PM »
Honestly, I haven't seen either OSX or Ubuntu with the feature as nicely done.  And I'm assuming you mean docks not docs

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2011, 07:25:01 PM »
Yea, damn blackberry. I don't think Avant is quite comparable but Cario (I think its something else now. My laptops way over there) definitly is. I use it non stop with document folders, virtual boxs, and programming enviorments
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2011, 09:52:43 PM »
you're right, I can't do too many things at the same time. I kind of peak at streaming low quality youtube vids on two pcs and skyping at the same time...anything more than that doesn't work too well.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2011, 11:37:55 PM »
The electric company where i'm moving (we leave for good tomorrow! Hello MO) just offered 10MB high speed and it's like this major gift from god because of how shitty the dish internet is

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2011, 06:22:59 AM »
The electric company where i'm moving (we leave for good tomorrow! Hello MO) just offered 10MB high speed and it's like this major gift from god because of how shitty the dish internet is

Electric company?  Internet over power lines?  Obes used to tell me tall tales about that coming to my area.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2011, 08:48:43 AM »
To my understanding, it's offered by the electric company (along with TV & phone service) but they spent a few months prior running fiber optic lines all over the place.

A pretty sweet deal though, you get 10MB high speed, unlimited phone calls, and 500 channels including HD for $75/mo

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2011, 09:42:29 AM »
WOW!  Nice!

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2011, 09:58:30 AM »
Interesting.  I know they talked about doing it where my parents/Knuck used to live but then it never happened.

That's a really good price for that stuff.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2011, 10:28:24 AM »
Especially when you compare it to dish where they charge you $100 for the internet alone. If all you want is internet the electric company will give you that same 10mb connection for $30 a month.

Now I would suspect that eventually they will be more like comcast prices. This is a new thing and imo they are trying to quickly steal away all the sat customers with faster internet and insane pricing. Brilliant, really.

yoshi

• I AM A COW
  • Jackass III
  • Thingy
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2011, 03:16:53 AM »
Real men use mobile internet. :D

GO AWAY

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2020, 09:07:47 AM »
just gonna bump this 9-year old thread.  Curious what everyone's got now that we live in the future.
I'm still around 20Mbps at home with my cheap-ass plan.
At my girlfriends house, I've always got around 35Mbps when it works.  The wifi router hardware is old and sucks and often cuts out, it need to be rebooted nearly every day.  Last night I had her call comcast and they're sending her a new router.  Meanwhile, while she was on the phone with them, i plugged my laptop directly into her modem and HOLY SHIT
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2020, 09:32:22 AM »
About where mine is.  Of course it is 6:30am here so not everyone is on yet.