Author Topic: wireless headphones  (Read 12721 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
wireless headphones
« on: June 15, 2020, 03:44:17 PM »
So I had this set of Phillips Bluetooth headphones - which were actually originally my wife's that I got her in 2014 - and they were awesome for me. Loud enough, good enough quality, and a super long battery - even 6 years later I was getting like what seemed 20+ hours out of them.

Unfortunately, they started giving me issues a couple weeks ago. Essentially, they kept going in and out. I can compare it to sliding a regular head phone cable in and out of a headphone jack - that same sound and lack there of. Ordered this pair - I hope I am as happy with them as I was with the other ones. And I hope they last just as long. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZHQJHMN
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: wireless headphones
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 04:11:15 PM »
I haven't used over the ear ones in a while except for gaming and what not.  I only do earbuds for mowing the lawn/etc.  But then I only get about 10 hours of play time so... meh.  I hope they work for you.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 05:11:29 PM »
I haven't used over the ear ones in a while except for gaming and what not.  I only do earbuds for mowing the lawn/etc.  But then I only get about 10 hours of play time so... meh.  I hope they work for you.

I've tried multiple earbud designs and none are comfortable for me - so I stick with the over the ear type.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 09:49:23 PM »
I have NEVER found a pair of earbuds that were comfortable and most wont stay in my ears.  I've even bought fairly expensive bluetooth ones.  Just can't do it.  I'm an over the ear kinda guy.  I have a very similar pair of philips wireless like you Jake and they're pretty good, except there's no input jack to use them wired.  I've had a really cheap Sony wired set I still use all the time.  Then I have my Bose QC super expensive ones (that were gifted to me) which are awesome, but i rarely charge them and just use them wired.  I even bought a wire with built in boom-arm mic so I could use them for zoom calls and xbox live.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 10:16:02 PM »
I have a slightly older version of these: https://www.amazon.com/TBI-Pro-Bluetooth-Headphones-Charge/dp/B07VLC39K5/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2YHSC75A934UB&dchild=1&keywords=tbi+pro+bluetooth+headphones&qid=1592273617&sprefix=tbi+pro%2Caps%2C182&sr=8-4  They are pretty awesome.  Sound great, stay in my ears, etc.  I specifically looked for something that would stay in better and these seem to do the trick.  I was tired of the over-the-ear ones getting so hot.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 06:05:17 AM »
I am using a pair of Echobuds by Amazon.  Work well for mowing lawn due to the noise cancelling.  They get a lot of hate in reviews but I have yet to have an issue with them.  Sound is solid, they control well, and the cancelling is great.  I use Comply ear tips not theirs but unless I am wearing Etymotic buds, I always do that.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2020, 11:24:55 AM »
I have a slightly older version of these: https://www.amazon.com/TBI-Pro-Bluetooth-Headphones-Charge/dp/B07VLC39K5/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2YHSC75A934UB&dchild=1&keywords=tbi+pro+bluetooth+headphones&qid=1592273617&sprefix=tbi+pro%2Caps%2C182&sr=8-4  They are pretty awesome.  Sound great, stay in my ears, etc.  I specifically looked for something that would stay in better and these seem to do the trick.  I was tired of the over-the-ear ones getting so hot.

you know, I think I will give these a try as well - I don't think I ever had any that looked this way. They look kind of heavy, are they?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2020, 11:33:31 AM »
Nope, not heavy at all.  I've worn them for 5-6 hours at a time with no fatigue.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2020, 05:10:54 PM »
the over the ear phillips came in today. First impressions are very positive. They are not as beefy as my old ones, and I thought that will not work, but they are a perfect size actually. Sound is fine for me. But the biggest thing is the "noise cancellation" - I don't know what else to call it since they really were not advertised as such, but when someone is speaking and I am listening fairly loud I can't hear them speak at all. So as long as the battery life doesn't disappoint, and they last a few years, it will be a success.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2020, 05:15:24 PM »
I have to add, they do seem flimsy. Especially the mechanism that folds them "flat" - I think that is an unnecessary weak point.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2020, 05:10:38 PM »

Wow. Thanks for the recommendation, Ben! these are great. I've been wearing them for past 2 hours and have less ear fatigue than with any other ear buds I have every tried before. Fantastic. thanks again

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2020, 05:22:53 PM »
NP - it took me a while to find them and I would be another set in a heartbeat.

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2020, 08:35:20 AM »

Wow. Thanks for the recommendation, Ben! these are great. I've been wearing them for past 2 hours and have less ear fatigue than with any other ear buds I have every tried before. Fantastic. thanks again

Good enough for me, just ordered them as well.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2020, 05:24:01 PM »

Good enough for me, just ordered them as well.

These came today, charging now so I haven't been able to listen and gauge sound quality...but comfort wise and the fact that they stay in my ears... I'm already really excited.  I've been wearing my big heavy Bose over-ear noice-canceling headphone for music and conference calls but its just over kill and honestly, i like be able to hear background noise. I'm really excited about these headphones

Edit: Ok, these are great! thanks guys for the recommendation. These are my new favorite headphones!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 06:33:53 PM by micah »

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2020, 12:39:57 AM »
Glad I could help.