Author Topic: New Song: "Hearsay"  (Read 2095 times)

groovitude

• some hip cat
  • Founders
New Song: "Hearsay"
« on: February 21, 2006, 12:47:40 AM »
I told you lot I'd share a song or two that I've written since departing, and here's the last one that I finished everything on.  The guitars were recorded clean into my computer and had all the effects and so forth added later with Native Instruments' Guitar Rig; all other instrumentation was done with FLStudio.

Enjoy (and pretend my voice sounds nice the whole way through, please!).

http://members.entropysink.com/groovitude/Hearsay.mp3
A sophism of madness...

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 08:09:22 AM »
Hi GrooveMeister :)

Do you have a zipped FL file of that? I'd quite like to have a play round with it (if that's OK by you of course).

VBprogrammer

• Back on GMT thank god
  • Jackass IV
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 08:51:27 AM »
I was jamming some lead over the top of it, pretty cool. Thought i'd managed to guess the chords just from hearing it...but I had it starting on the D instead of the E, oh well guess I've not managed teh perfect pitch, but the intervals where right :)

Enjoy (and pretend my voice sounds nice the whole way through, please!).

Some imagination required...:eek:

groovitude

• some hip cat
  • Founders
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 07:55:11 PM »
Quote from: VBprogrammer
I was jamming some lead over the top of it, pretty cool. Thought i'd managed to guess the chords just from hearing it...but I had it starting on the D instead of the E, oh well guess I've not managed teh perfect pitch, but the intervals where right :)

Makes sense to me -- the first chord of the song is an Em, but it's played as a Dm with a capo on the second.

Quote from: Rob
Do you have a zipped FL file of that? I'd quite like to have a play round with it (if that's OK by you of course).

I'd be more than happy to put a little ZIP together for you. There's just a lot to go on:

* I imagine you want the bassline as it was originally sequenced -- though I have a WAV of it after I ran it through a cab in GR2.

* If you have GR2, I'll send you the guitars clean and you can run it through yourself.  If you don't, do you want them w/distortion, etc., or without?

* Do you want a single drum pattern that covers the whole song (which I did in my last draft of it; I have about six different FLPs for this song), or would you like all the different patterns?  If you want different patterns, do you want just the basic ones or with all the different fills?

And any other little things you can think of.  Putting whatever you want together shouldn't take me that long, but trying to work with something you're not comfortable with is a pain in the arse, so just let me know.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 08:18:14 PM by groovitude »
A sophism of madness...

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 03:36:29 AM »
>>* I imagine you want the bassline as it was originally sequenced -- though I have a WAV of it after I ran it through a cab in GR2.

Original I guess.

>>* If you have GR2, I'll send you the guitars clean and you can run it through yourself. If you don't, do you want them w/distortion, etc., or without?

With distortion etc will be fine.

>>* Do you want a single drum pattern that covers the whole song (which I did in my last draft of it; I have about six different FLPs for this song), or would you like all the different patterns? If you want different patterns, do you want just the basic ones or with all the different fills?

All the different patterns, but just the basic ones.

I'll PM you my gmail address.