Author Topic: Covid-19 mental health check-in  (Read 20400 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Covid-19 mental health check-in
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2020, 10:37:01 AM »
My wife has her own business so she CAN work whenever and she sets her own deadlines.  I am our primary as well and I am on a lot of conference calls so I'm stuck in my office most of the day.  I do try to help with lunches and stuff and the kids are mostly self sufficient with school and whatnot but my wife still ends up working a lot in the evenings because she's doing a lot of other stuff and helping them during the day.  It has caused some strain but we are trying to figure it out.  Honestly we all just need to get out of the house.  I think we might go for a drive or something later.  But I've been saying that for days.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2020, 10:42:14 AM »
I'm really struggling... my wife and I are both trying to work and take care of the kids which is causing a lot of conflict. Between work, homeschooling, and all the regular house stuff... there's just not enough hours in the day. My job is our primary income, and she has reduced direct hours, but she still has a lot of report writing to do from previous clients. So on one hand we both realize I need to work, but it doesn't happen without a big fight. She's also made a detailed home schooling schedule that she's very serious about, I think it's a bit overkill and am much more relaxed about it. That just causes more conflict..

We're trying to make a schedule to stick to, but really there's just not enough hours in the day to make everything work. :suicide:

Feel for you, bud. Would it be possible to stagger your work time? maybe you work from 9 to 4 while she takes care of the kids/house stuff, and then you switch in the afternoons?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2020, 08:21:51 AM »
Sounds difficult.  I am so glad this is not the dead of winter.  At least the backyard is an option.  And your kids are old enough to deal.  The two young kids thing I see with my brew buddy can really wear.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2020, 04:37:27 PM »
I'm working 8am to 12 or 1pm. Then she works afternoons. Then I work in the evening and we are both putting in hours on the weekends. Fortunately working for a german company means most of my meetings are in the morning.

I do love the extra time with the kids though. We spend a lot of time outside. In the backyard, bikes, roller blades, etc...

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2020, 04:38:46 PM »
I bought a used weight bench with bench press rack and my buddy just leant me a couple of barbells a bunch of plates. I can wait to get out to the garage for a real workout. I've been dying without a gym.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2020, 12:15:22 PM »
Viscosity of sap is just like water, it is not thick at all

don't know why I thought of you when I saw this on facebook just now  :D :lol:
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2020, 12:34:50 PM »
Viscosity of sap is just like water, it is not thick at all

don't know why I thought of you when I saw this on facebook just now  :D :lol:

Haha, two days ago I was trimming that same maple tree and my kids were doing pretty much what the picture shows :D BTW looks like we tapped the tree in the very last days of any significant flow. After boiling down what we got, we ended up with about 16oz of syrup.. which is already about half way consumed anyway :)
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2020, 11:33:41 AM »
Since I'm working from the sunroom with view of the backyard I've been keeping my camera on my desk and snapping photos.  Here is an album thus far: https://photos.app.goo.gl/myTevXJCyng3ipd26

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2020, 12:22:18 PM »
Since I'm working from the sunroom with view of the backyard I've been keeping my camera on my desk and snapping photos.  Here is an album thus far: https://photos.app.goo.gl/myTevXJCyng3ipd26

very cool - are all those cats yours?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2020, 12:47:54 PM »
Only the one on the chair is ours.  The rest are community cats.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2020, 10:32:13 AM »
Checking in with you lot - I hope that no communication on this thread means you guys are feeling/doing well. Jen, how are you doing at home? how is your co-worker?

Micah, how are you holding up with everything?

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2020, 11:23:48 AM »
meh, not great.
Work is getting stressful and I'm finding it hard to work from home.
Today I'm working from my girlfriends so she could go to the office and I'm watcher her son who, today at least, it making it hard for me to concentrate.  Plus, I've only been here since last night but I miss my girls.  Especially Harper who was so super sad when I left last night and waved to me out the window while I was leaving, like a puppy.
I'm super annoyed that my ex seems to think we're a family whenever she's there and her anxiety is through the roof, which, in the olden days I'd try to comfort but instead it just annoys the shit out of me. Not to mention, when I'm at my house and she's there too, I still have to do all the parenting and deal with the kids all day while I'm trying to work.
I don't normally worry about my health (obviously) but, like, i'm kinda scared to get this stupid virus.  My seasonal allergies are kicking in and i've had a sore throat for several days now (from post nasal drip) but no other symptoms of anything... but its like kinda freaking me out.

This whole thing makes everything that sucked before just suck more.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2020, 11:30:46 AM »
Good here.  We got stocked up on food so feeling good about that.  Kids are getting a little (more) stir crazy but not bad yet.  Our schools are also closed through end of April at a minimum.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2020, 12:49:27 PM »
This whole thing makes everything that sucked before just suck more.
TRUTH

My coworker was cleared for work Monday. He's working from home this week and I'm in the office. The Plan* is that we will alternate beginning next week. Whether it's weekly or an alternating 3/2 basis (or other combo) is kind of up in the air. The hospital is going to start taking COVID positive patients today. Everyone is very anxious. Small amount of pride mixed in to see even a surgical hospital step up in this capacity.

Home life with Casey is difficult. He doesn't want to nap quite simply because we're both working and don't have the time to give him the kind of attention and activities he normally gets at daycare. When Casey doesn't nap he gets cranky or cuddly or both and it's exhausting.

*The plan always appears to change with however the COVID response wind blows

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2020, 03:23:10 PM »
Good luck and stay safe Jen.

For me, I just got stressed/depressed because I have to take vacation in the new few months to avoid capping out.  But, what's the point?  I can't go anywhere and work keeps me busy.  I was also planning on taking some time off around my birthday in July but there is a good chance we'll still be dealing with this at that time.