Entertainment & Artistry > Music

Lava Me 2 (and travel guitars)

<< < (2/2)

Perspective:
Yeah, I expect 3 - 4 camping / cottage trips per year and we're pretty good about keeping guitars in a case with humidifier when not being played. This guitar will also be our main "around the house" guitar (and the junior size making it more accessible to the kids). I'm still on the fence about the lava me 2, but leaning towards the Martin.

hans:
My around the house and travel guitar is an old Larrivee parlor. Might also be worth adding to your list. Mine is an older one before they added all the bling.

Perspective:
I went to the store last week to buy the Martin and came out with the Taylor GS Mini Koa. The sound wasn't even comparable, the Taylor mini Koa is just incredible for its size. The Martin sounds good, but not even comparable to the Mini Koa in my opinion. I also liked the Taylor's fretboard better (real wood) vs. the Martin's Richlite board. The only thing I liked better about the Martin was the 1 3/4" nut width. The taylor is smaller, but still comfortable to play. It will be better for the kids too I suppose.

Took it up to a cottage over the weekend and it was thoroughly enjoyed :D Very happy with this guitar.

hans:
Hey, a friend of mine just bought one of those too. Super pretty.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version