Technical & Scientific > Hardware

CPU temps

(1/2) > >>

ober:
I'm really surprised by the temp levels considered to be ok with the latest P4s.  When I installed my latest heatsink/fan upgrade, I booted up and saw temps just under 160F.  That's how hot my old AMD thunderbird was running when I gamed... and I thought that was bad.  So I start to wonder if I did something wrong, but after reading through the manual again for the heatsink, they mention that temps "under 170F" are considered normal.   :eek:

It's sad really.  But I haven't noticed any ill effects and I rarely even turn my CPU fan up the whole way to game anymore.  :dunno:

Steve:
Pentium has higher heat tolerences, but as a AMD guy i find it funny that now the AMD's run cooler and faster yet intel thinks its fine LOL.

l33t-5h1t:
you think that's hot, my nvidia 6800 is in the normal temp range up till about 195F, 212F is the critical temp.

Steve:
holy crap waldo LOL. My FX5200 is volt modified and running a 500/600 setup and never gets that hot. Damn.

l33t-5h1t:
no no  no, mine doesn't get that hot, that is what the model is rated to. Heh, if it got that hot I'd have to smack myself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version