Author Topic: Lately I've been having a lot of dreams surrounding my past.  (Read 3535 times)

stealth

• Jackass V
  • Now comes in 32 flavors
Lately I've been having a lot of dreams surrounding my past.
« on: December 13, 2008, 07:14:20 AM »
Lately I've been having a lot of dreams surrounding my past.  It seems as though I cannot erase the things that I have done, they seem to haunt me.  I am ashamed of the way I have behaved.  Yet the future is bright, and I know that I can rise and make a change.  The thing is, you have to let go, and forget about the fact that you could have been a man of better character.  Character - how much we place emphasis on the quick fix, when the truly great people who have lived have been people of substance, of true character.  Whether this meant laying down your life for a noble cause, facing up to your mortality, or simply doing what is right instead of what is easily done.  Times change, the past remains, but there is always hope for tomorrow, always hope that life can continue.  If destiny is real, then my fate is to take control of my future, acknowledge my past failings and step forward.  Keep walking.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Lately I've been having a lot of dreams surrounding my past.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 09:57:02 AM »
Happens to me daily/nightly. You think your haunted, try having my past :x
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

stealth

• Jackass V
  • Now comes in 32 flavors
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 12:35:32 AM »
Was more about someone I know that about myself.  And 9 hours of solid drinking tends to force out a bit of junk from the head.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 01:34:43 AM »
What we've done and where we've been has made us who we are. The good and bad experiences are both equally necessary. I've done things that I'm less than proud of in retrospect, but realize they were necessary to form my current perspective. I regret nothing I've done in my past, it's made me who I am. I often times ponder where/who I'd be if certain choices in my life were made differently but it really doesn't matter; I am who I am.
This signature intentionally left blank.