Author Topic: Romania  (Read 2143 times)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Romania
« on: December 19, 2007, 12:40:32 PM »
Well... apparently if you attach too many large files the submission times out and you lose your entire post. Luckily I didn't mean to attach the big files anyway and my post was only two lines long.

Here are some pics from my trip to Iasi, Romania.

They've got a bunch of churches, several large and old buildings, and tons of apartment blocks from the communist regime. They also had snow that one time.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Romania
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 12:48:55 PM »
And from the plane on the flight home from London:

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 01:28:32 PM »
Nice.  Thanks for sharing!

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 02:56:34 PM »
nice!

oh... i fixed this one for you:
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

stealth

• Jackass V
  • Now comes in 32 flavors
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 12:05:48 AM »
Awesome pics :) Planning a trip to Greenland with my gf at the moment.

I'm always fascinated by the Eastern Bloc countries, would love to go to Russia someday as well.  Did you get to see much there in Romania?

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 11:14:15 AM »
That's awesome.  Great shots.  I love the snow.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 01:40:03 PM »
I'm always fascinated by the Eastern Bloc countries, would love to go to Russia someday as well.  Did you get to see much there in Romania?

Not much. I got a night-time tour of the city from a car, and I walked just a tiny bit in my general area. It was cold, I'm lazy and I was pretty tired when I wasn't working so I didn't go around much.

Still, I think I got a decent sense for that city. I went to the palace in the picture and toured the museum inside. It was pretty cool since it combined general museum stuff (science/music in world history) with local history and culture. I played football with the guys and went to the mall for lunch. I had traditional food a few times and chinese food and KFC other times.

Overall a good experience. Lots of little interesting differences, but not too many major differences, at least in the city I was in. But their economy is starting to grow rapidly so things were apparently much different a couple years ago and will be much different in a couple years.

oh... i fixed this one for you:

:D

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 05:28:31 PM »

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 05:39:35 PM »
:D

I ended up having to spend the night at Heathrow. I was wondering if I should send a message to see if anybody was within range to come chill with me in Terminal 1, but internet is espensive.