Author Topic: Alice in Wonderland  (Read 1301 times)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Alice in Wonderland
« on: March 07, 2010, 02:31:14 PM »
Another Tim Burton/Johnny Depp/Helena Bonham Carter fantasy movie... I saw it in 3-D yesterday.

This story was just so-so. I wasn't deeply interested in the characters or what happened to them. But the fantasy world was very interesting. The girl who played Alice was very good and so was Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen. I also liked the animation for the Cheshire Cat and the Blue Caterpillar.

I didn't like Johnny Depp much, though. It seemed almost as if they gave the Mad Hatter a bigger role than he would have had otherwise just because it was Depp (although I don't know the Alice stories that well so I might be wrong). I thought he would have been great as a secondary character like the Red Queen, but too much of him made this just a Burton/Depp movie and reminded me too much of the other ones they've done together.

I'd say 7/10.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Alice in Wonderland
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 10:30:27 PM »
I know a lot of people liked this, and i had high hopes for it but it sucked. I almost walked out.

5/10

on another note, casnt wait to go see Green Zone friday
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 12:47:36 AM »
on another note, casnt wait to go see Green Zone friday
Is that the movie that looks like the Bourne movies but isn't?

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 10:11:08 AM »
Saw it last night in 3D, I definitely enjoyed it but it wasn't anything amazing. I didn't really like the 3D stuff, it doesn't really help much other than the odd piece of debris flying out at you. Johnny Depp was nothing special in this movie either... and it's probably the least dark Tim Burton movie I've seen.

I'd give it 7.5 / 10.

My fiance on the other hand said it was great and she wants to see it again right away.

-KEN-

• Some Other Mofo
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 02:42:19 AM »
7/10.

I thought it was pretty boring. You don't get invested in a single character, and I thought it just seemed...disjointed. Even for Alice in Wonderland. Really made me want to watch the old Disney version just to verify that it was as good as I remember.