Author Topic: AH HA HA HA HA.  (Read 13310 times)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: AH HA HA HA HA.
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 07:17:39 AM »
You're still defending her.  She didn't know enough in the first place and didn't do anything but complain when she realized things weren't working out.

End of story.  The woman is a drain on society.

Fine, then I'm defending her. This situation is not entirely her fault regardless of whether she is a drain on society. :dblthumb2:

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 07:25:14 AM »
How is it not entirely her fault? She's an idiot.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 09:56:37 AM »
What they don't tell you is that she was going to be a computer programmer.

This signature intentionally left blank.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2009, 09:59:32 AM »
Fine, then I'm defending her. This situation is not entirely her fault regardless of whether she is a drain on society. :dblthumb2:
Really?  Really?  How is it not entirely her fault?  She chose an operating system without being full informed of her decision.  In the real world, that means you are AT FAULT.

I try to be tolerant, but to screw up like this and then have it make national news means you're just being a giant pain in the ass.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2009, 10:28:59 AM »
You don't think the Dell person advising her on whether to return the system should have done a better job of assessing her computer skills before making the recommendation?

Please explain to me how she was supposed to know that the advice she was being given was wrong.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2009, 10:38:29 AM »
All I'm saying is that people take other people's advice too blindly.  Do your fucking research.  Know what you're getting into.  If I walked into a Ford dealership and I said: "Give me a truck that I can trust and one that has good gas mileage" and they handed me the keys to an F350 and told me it had "decent gas mileage", is it my fault or theirs when I drive that truck home and get pissed off that it only gets 10mpg vs. what I assume to be decent like at least 20-25mpg? 

That would be my fault for not getting all the details and not understanding the full extent of what I'm purchasing.  You're going off the premise that people should be spoonfed everything about everything that they buy and I think that's a giant load of shit.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2009, 10:45:20 AM »
Ober, what society are you in? This is America! It's always somebody else's fault.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2009, 10:48:36 AM »
>Do your fucking research.  Know what you're getting into.

Don't you need the internet for that? :p

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2009, 10:52:26 AM »
Bwahahah @ perspective

I'm with obes man. You have to go out of your way to buy a dell with ubuntu or to install it. Don't make a decision you don't understand.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2009, 11:55:55 AM »
Bwahahah @ perspective

I'm with obes man. You have to go out of your way to buy a dell with ubuntu or to install it. Don't make a decision you don't understand.

It totally goes without saying that I am with Ober in this one.  100%  Good analogy too.

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2009, 12:29:01 PM »
You have to go out of your way to buy a dell with ubuntu or to install it. Don't make a decision you don't understand.

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/laptop-inspiron-9?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs

Erm, no. You just click the "add to basket" button. :dunno:

Rob

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2009, 12:31:37 PM »
The problem you guys have is that you can only see this from the "geek" angle. Most normal people don't even know (or care) that a PC has an operating system, much less that you can have different ones. They just want to buy a PC, switch it on, and surf. Stupid, aren't they :rolleyes:

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 12:57:40 PM »
I disagree.  I see this with lots of things.  Automobiles, OTC drugs, televisions, large ticket financing, the list goes on and on.  People are blatantly lazy, complacent, stupid and or bury their head(s) in the sand when making informed decisions.  It is everywhere.  What is worse is unlike 20 years (and more) ago, the information NOT to make such foolish decisions is easily available. 

Worse Western society increasingly insulates these fools from the repercussions of their actions.  This is done by taxing (in many ways) those who have shown discretion and or good judgement in their spending and decision making habits in order to alleviate their situations.

The worst part of this ever escalating mess, it that even those that take the time to make informed and wise decisions can run into a bit of bad luck.  They are rarely in a situation to receive the aid that they have been forced to give the fools because society has set these systems up to avoid taking care of those that pay for them.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 01:57:13 PM »
My 10 year old cousin knows what linux/ubuntu is and showed her mom how to use bittorrent.

Mac vs windows is well established.

And so on. If people are so clueless that they can't see that operating system: ubuntu should raise a flag then they are fucking retarded

Rob

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2009, 02:29:53 PM »
Come off it. Most laptop (and car) buyers base their purchasing decisions on what colour it is, and whether it looks good. They expect to buy a tool that works as it is. I'm not saying that's right, I'm saying that's how it is. You're so close to computers that you see them as an end in themselves, instead of a means to an end. Look at the hardware forum with it's long boring posts on whether to buy this motherboard or that motherboard. I could do 90% of what I need to do on a 486 running Windows 95, as could the vast majority of users.