Author Topic: Christmas Cards  (Read 2125 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Christmas Cards
« on: December 04, 2021, 09:56:28 PM »
Do you send out Christmas/Holiday cards? if not, did you ever, and why did you stop? do you send out picture cards, or something generic?

The reason I am asking is that it seems that less and less people send out cards. We used to send cards for easter and Christmas, but stopped making them for Easter 3 or 4 years ago. Not really sure why.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Christmas Cards
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 11:36:52 PM »
Most years we send a picture card, usually of the kids but sometimes the whole family. The greeting is usually written by us, sometimes it comes with the card. We almost never personalize it or write names of the recipients. We just send them out, aiming for arrival before Christmas but often achieving the week after. Doesn't seem like we'll do it this year. Too busy. We'll probably do it next year though. We do like getting everybody's picture cards.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 11:37:29 PM »
We didn't send any last year, which I think was the first.  We stopped sending picture cards when the kids didn't want to do them anymore and frankly they're a couple of jackasses that won't take a decent picture together for anything.  We also seem to be getting less and less of them and it's such a hassle.  We don't keep them and I don't expect others do either.  People put so much stuff on social media that it's not like you don't know what someone's kid/dog/parent looks like anyways.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 08:59:26 AM »
We still send them. Family / kids pics sent to close friends and family. No personalization or letter though, just the card. Our kids are still young enough, I could image this dying out when the kids are older and less cooperative.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 11:29:00 AM »
I didn't send one last year, but I'm sending some this year. I've never sent for anything besides Christmas/New Year. We've never done any fancy shoot, I just throw decent photos of baby(s) on the card.

I know several of my friends have stopped using social media for the most part so it's nice to send/receive from them.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2021, 02:10:07 PM »
Yeah I don't really use social media at all (at least not for keeping up with friends/family) so the cards are my only way of knowing folks still exist. :p

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2021, 12:34:20 PM »
Are you getting any eCards? Last year we got 3 or 4 - it is nice to read what people have been up to, but I still prefer a physical card...
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.