Author Topic: Disney+  (Read 2628 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Disney+
« on: November 13, 2019, 06:48:55 AM »
Signed up a few weeks ago, it launched yesterday.  Haven't watched much yet but just going through the content library... WOW.

So much Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar stuff... and of course, everything disney.  From BFG to Phineas and Ferb and Darkwing Duck...so many great movies both the animated classics like Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid...and their live action stuff like Pirates of the Caribbean and John Carter and... yeah. wow.

For $7 a month, its like a no-brainer.  An extra $5 a/mo gets you hulu and espn bundled in... I might do that in the future

Edit: keep finding more stuff on here... The Sound of Music, The Sandlot, Both versions of the Parent Trap (Haley Mills and Lindsay Lohan) ... Honey I shrunk the kids.. Both versions of Freaky Friday (Jody Foster and Lindsay Lohan)... The Love Bug (like all four original Herbie movies + the Lindsay Lohan version)

Edit: showed my 7-year-old daughter the app this morning. She got so excited; went straight to the Descendants movie(s) which are wicked popular and all her friends like them but she's never seen them.

Edit: best disclaimer of all time (on the original Mickey Mouse Club series from 1955): "This program is presented as originally created. It may contain outdated cultural depictions."
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 07:23:50 AM by micah »
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Disney+
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 09:26:28 AM »
Yeah, we're going to sign up for this as well.  Good to hear it's got a lot.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 09:28:14 AM »
I'm planning on signing up as well, hoping they have spanish language tracks available in Canada.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 09:29:36 AM »
If you guys have verizon, you could possibly get D+ for free - I don't know what the rules are yet, but it is worth looking into.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 10:07:38 AM »
Yeah, I knew about the Verizon thing then forgot about it and signed up yesterday. Hopefully I remember to check out the Verizon deal before the week is over.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 10:12:16 AM »
Yeah, I knew about the Verizon thing then forgot about it and signed up yesterday. Hopefully I remember to check out the Verizon deal before the week is over.

looks like you have to be on one of their unlimited plans or have home 5G internet.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2019, 12:03:51 PM »
ah, yes.. I remember. We do have Unlimited so I'll go sign up

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2019, 12:38:36 PM »
Nice!  I didn't know about the Verizon thing and we just switched to unlimited :)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2019, 04:13:04 PM »
That latest cellphone plan updates screwed me though. I HAD unlimited for the past few years and  was grandfathered in the old plans.  The new ones jack the price WAY  up if you want to use your phone as a hotspot.  With my current unlimited plan, I can't used my phone as a hotspot at all.  The Verizon version of android completely blocks me. Unless I want to pay like $20 more per line
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2019, 05:16:09 PM »
So we have a family plan shared between other households and they only allow one free Disney+ per. For now we'll share with my sister but if it becomes a problem I'll have to pay for it myself. Which isn't too bad really if I have to.