Author Topic: Firefox pissing about  (Read 3203 times)

ahluka

• Jackass IV
Firefox pissing about
« on: November 27, 2005, 11:13:45 AM »
I'm going to type this as fast as i can because firefox has decided to spas out on me. The page and toolbar is jumping up and down, sort of flickering, and I can't fucking stop it. All I did was "manage my bookmarks" (put them in organised folders, yes, i was bored) and i go back to the browser and...

Anyone else have this problem? I've got Opera installed and I generally like it except I'd have to manually add all my bookmarks which is a pain in the arse.

Oh yeah, I've tried a few things to cure it (without avail). A restart (browser and PC) didn't help, and there's nothing about it in the help.

ahluka

• Jackass IV
Firefox pissing about
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 11:16:48 AM »
SHIT! My bad, found "Import/Export in Opera's bookmarks manager....
*shifty cough*

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Firefox pissing about
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 12:54:04 PM »
It's also in the file menu.

Allow me to rant for a moment about why I hate Firefox:

I downloaded 1.5 this morning and installed it... then it went through some kind of update thing and found that all my extensions were incompatible... and then it searched for updated ones... and oh look, it only found 2 it could update.  GREAT.  This whole concept blows.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Firefox pissing about
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 11:51:31 PM »
There aren't that many new features that I care about. I think I'll stick with the old one for a little bit.
This signature intentionally left blank.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Firefox pissing about
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 12:06:07 AM »
wasn't it a security update?
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Firefox pissing about
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 07:59:41 AM »
Yeah, along with other things.

ahluka

• Jackass IV
Firefox pissing about
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 11:40:24 AM »
Quote from: ober
It's also in the file menu.

Allow me to rant for a moment about why I hate Firefox:

I downloaded 1.5 this morning and installed it... then it went through some kind of update thing and found that all my extensions were incompatible... and then it searched for updated ones... and oh look, it only found 2 it could update.  GREAT.  This whole concept blows.

That pissed me off when I was new to Linux and didn't have a clue how to install the Flash plugin (I think, it turned out to be pretty easy anyhow).