Author Topic: Opera - New Vesions  (Read 2618 times)

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Opera - New Vesions
« on: April 05, 2006, 11:06:04 PM »
2 Quick Q's

Anyone update to 8.54?  I can't find the changelog, any big difference?

Anyone tried the Opera 9 Test builds?  How's it doing?  Anyone know if it'll overwrite my 8.5?
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Opera - New Vesions
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 10:17:18 AM »
I've been using version 9, all the previews and I'm now using the weekly builds they put out.  All have been very solid.  You have to go to the forums to get the weeklies and even the previews, but I think it's worth it.  Version 9 also uses the Windows installer, so that's nicer.  But I think you can choose where to install it regardless.  And installing over previous versions will not mess up your settings at all.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 11:31:47 AM »
Cool, I'll give it a shot.  Thanks ober.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 10:30:04 PM »
Warning: reading through the replies of the latest weekly, 1 person said it wiped the settings and I had a problem with the download.  I'd say if you want something stable, stick to a preview release (2 is fine), and wait for the next weekly.