Author Topic: Office Professional 2007 BETA  (Read 6449 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Office Professional 2007 BETA
« on: June 01, 2006, 11:35:45 PM »
Is anyone else testing this?
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Office Professional 2007 BETA
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 11:46:14 PM »
Yeah, I downloaded it this week.  So far, I'm not too fond of the changes they made.  It might just be something you need to get used to but making everything "user friendly" has left me a little confused.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 11:51:00 PM »
I downloaded it last week also im just now installing it. I'm more excited about Vista Beta 2, downloading that now.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 12:03:22 AM »
Does that thing have a release date yet?  I don't really feel like trying out Vista...

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 12:11:52 AM »
Not sure, i didnt even know about it (vista) till the other day. I dont read alot of software news and what not lol. I'm interested to try it for myself while its in development before it spreads. Ok, im lying, i love having things my tech head friends dont lol.

As for office, i dont have anything to type up tonight but it looks a little.....messy. Going to take a bit getting used to thats for sure.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 06:49:54 AM »
Vista is due out sometime in 2007.  They keep pushing it back.  There's going to be 6... yes SIX different releases.

If Office 2007 is anything like that POS IE7 beta 2, I have no interest whatsoever.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 07:23:59 AM »
Vista is 5 versions. I thought she was talking about office. I havent used IE7 yet since vista wont be installed till this afternoon (gotta do some backups and whip out PM), but heres a SS of office and excel for ya obie. Its full screen so ill just link it.

http://www.titansgaming.com/images/offpro7b.JPG

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 07:57:04 AM »
Vista: home basic, home premium, enterprise, business, and ultimate

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9000829&pageNumber=12

Basically, any of us is going want ultimate.  Ridiculous.

btw, that's a really good article about the drawbacks of vista.  I'm particularly not happy about the "protect you from yourself" security, increased layers to navigate for networking, and the movement of the display settings so they are slightly less accessable...oh, and the removal of the toolbar (including "File, Edit, etc" from the top of folders and IE7 is absolutely asinine.  Thank you for changing the control interface that we've all used for a decade and a half to make sure that I don't click the wrong thing and hurt myself.  Insane.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 08:00:45 AM by kermi3 »
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 08:25:22 AM »
It is a good article but i think im going to disagree with him on alot of it. I think they made the USC very cumbersome on purpose. They want the BT's to start from the shitty end and work their way back to find a happy medium to release the full public version on. As for the networking interface, other than loosing the right click + prop ability i think it will be a nice improvement.

We'll see, everyone has his own opinions. Like i said, i HATED XP when it was in BETA, i upgraded to it and almost went back to 2000. Now i love it. How much do just plain MSDN subscriptions cost? I would like to be an official Vista BT and the best way to do that seems to be getting a msdn subscription.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 09:14:35 AM »
I see no reason to get anything above the "Business version".  And I swear I read an article just the other day that had 6 versions instead of 5.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 09:19:10 AM »
Nope just 5, may have been an older article u know how they love to change things. If i was going to purchase it i wouldnt go above business because it isnt going to be worth the cost. Otherwise, gotta take my o/s like my nachos, ultimate!

Was that the layout you were referring to, ober?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 09:23:47 AM »
Yeah.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006, 09:49:44 AM »
Looks different for sure. Is it still posible to make it look like the "old" version or minimal UI? I think the big ribbon looks clunky for a power user. I'll probably try and download it to at least take a look but I'm pretty happy with OpenOffice.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006, 09:59:14 AM »
if u can i cant figure out how. I just spent 5 minutes looking for it. See in the new IE, which looks alot like mozilla imo, u can click the gear and go back to classic...

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 10:27:12 AM »
Microsoft isn't targetting the power users.  They're targetting our parents; yes even yours Rob.

I think I might like the DVD writing and media center functionality of Ultimate.  I have Nero now, but I haven't been very happy with it...maybe there's a patch out...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own