Nothing & Everything > Open Discussion

this is fucking cool

<< < (2/3) > >>

ober:
I mean.... reddit?  I can waste hours on reddit just browing through random stories.  I love how it just mixes in content from all these random subreddits.  I subscribe to everything from news to science to technology to 'today I learned' and everything in between.  Endless hours of things to find every day.

Jake:

--- Quote from: ober on July 18, 2019, 04:19:26 PM ---I mean.... reddit? 

--- End quote ---

I've never "done" reddit....I mean, sometimes you are inadvertently sent there after a google search, but I think I just don't get how it works...and am not too excited about learning it either :p

Mike:
You don't understand reddit?  It isn't that complicated.  I probably reddit more than any other social media.

ober:

--- Quote from: Mike on July 18, 2019, 08:31:17 PM ---You don't understand reddit?  It isn't that complicated.  I probably reddit more than any other social media.

--- End quote ---
+1

It's simple.  There is a feed.  It starts out with some standard stuff but you can search and subscribe to literally almost anything.  Those articles that get voted up by the community get randomized (or maybe not so random depending on how you sort) into your feed.  Think of it as facebook but your 'friends' are subreddits and people vote on content to push it to the top.  So in theory the most interesting shit is first in your list.  If you dive in, I highly recommend adding on RES (Reddit Enhancement Suite).  Oh and hopefully they let you go back to the old UI.  The new one is garbage.

Mike:

--- Quote from: ober on July 20, 2019, 12:30:35 AM ---The new one is garbage.

--- End quote ---
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that.

I also turn off the per subreddit css.  I much prefer to have a consistent look across subreddits.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version