Nothing & Everything > Open Discussion

Anyone need a programming job?

(1/3) > >>

Mike:
We're hiring: https://www.edjoin.org/home/districtjobposting/1210284

micah:
is there a relocation allowance?
The high end of that salary would be ok... but adjusting for cost of living difference in california its basically what I make now.  Are there any chances for bonuses, regular raises etc?
seriously considering :)

Mike:

--- Quote from: micah on July 28, 2019, 07:57:13 PM ---is there a relocation allowance?
The high end of that salary would be ok... but adjusting for cost of living difference in california its basically what I make now.  Are there any chances for bonuses, regular raises etc?

--- End quote ---
I highly doubt there is relocation allowance.

We don't have performance bonuses.  However, the last 3 years we've had a 4% off schedule bonus.  We work on a range and step mechanism.  The range for the position is fixed but the starting step is somewhat negotiable.  From there, every July you increase a step until you cap out (current at step 9).  Each step is 4.5%.

While I don't expect them to do another anytime soon, they've done two salary surveys in the last 5 years that have significantly adjusted the range we are on.

jkim:

--- Quote from: micah on July 28, 2019, 07:57:13 PM ---is there a relocation allowance?

--- End quote ---

Ooh ooh, did you consider this part?

--- Quote ---We have a very generous, competitive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid Medical/Dental/Vision (single), Retirement (CalPERS), Vacation (10 days), Sick and Holiday - with 2 weeks of paid time off over the holiday season.
--- End quote ---

Mike:
The number of days off we get for holidays is ridiculous.  I just looked at the calendar and there are 21 paid holidays this fiscal year.  And this year there are two non-work days (essentially a holiday but our pay doesn't change).

Oh, and this is a non-exempt position so overtime pay is a thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version