Author Topic: tennis  (Read 3668 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
tennis
« on: July 10, 2007, 11:24:32 PM »
anyone here play?

this girl I'm kind of messing around with plays a lot - so I bought a racquet today (head S6) and will start playing again. I played in high school and with my dad a few years back. Its a good sport to develop stamina. But its so hot and humid up here... she also roller blades - i can't keep up :( damn sporty chicks.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 11:27:05 PM by axon »
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Canuck

• Eh?!!
  • Founders
  • Andy Moog Fan
    • My Website
Re: tennis
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 11:28:59 PM »
During highschool I played daily during the summer, now I only play once or twice a year.  Im decent, serve isnt that great, but I have speed, to that helps me chase down some balls.  I enjoy watching it too, anyone catch the Federer match? That was great!

Good luck, don't let her beat you too much :P

Phil

• Best friends with Mr Donkey
  • Jackass III
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 03:49:45 AM »
I play loads. 3 or 4 times a week in the summer. A bit less in the winter as my club has no indoor courts. We have 4 different surfaces (18 courts in total): Acryllic, Porous Acryllic, Tarmac and Grass. I don't like grass and my favourite is probably acryllic. We are the LTA centre of excellence for junior tennis in Surrey which is why we have so many decent courts (and decent coaches too).

I was glued to the Federer - Nadal match. I so wanted Nadal to do it, I thought he had him after Federer lost his cool in the 4th set. He his closing the gap on grass every year and of course on clay nobody can touch him.

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 06:41:22 AM »
i played for 3 years in highschool

haven't really played much since, mostly b/c no one i knows plays or wants to play :(
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 07:49:00 AM »
>  I enjoy watching it too, anyone catch the Federer match? That was great!

Only the first 3 sets, but man was that a good one.  I love watching Nadal and Federer going back and forth; they're so far ahead of the rest of the field that it's unreal sometimes.

I play once in a great while

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 01:57:12 PM »
I saw the last two sets. Great stuff. I'm rooting for Federer. I'd love to see him get a Grand Slam.

I wouldn't mind seeing Nadal beat him on a hard court first though, really build up the drama. It's almost as great as Kobayashi/Chestnut.

My wife's family are all tennis nuts. She played in high school but not so much since. I'm almost to the point where I could beat her if the ball bounces the right way. I've still got a ways to go before I can beat her brother, though. Damn he serves it fast (or at least he used to).