Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Open Discussion / Re: Don't Forget To Vote Today
« Last post by jkim on November 10, 2022, 06:32:07 PM »
I voted on Saturday, but the machine kept spitting options to select from every single district in the county. We eventually just selected the one that corresponded to me, but  :tinfoil:
« Last post by charlie on November 09, 2022, 01:55:33 PM »
^^^ that’s me

Yesterday I literally dropped of my wife’s and my ballots at 7:59pm.
« Last post by Mike on November 09, 2022, 11:53:49 AM »
I've been getting mail-in ballots for years and I still wait until the day of to turn it in.  This year the candidates were pretty easy but a few of our measures required a bit of thought.
« Last post by ober on November 08, 2022, 03:23:11 PM »
I voted 2 weeks ago.. I so prefer to sit at home and research people while I vote.
Open Discussion / Don't Forget To Vote Today
« Last post by hans on November 08, 2022, 10:48:10 AM »
PSA
Go get your vote on, whatever it may be.
Open Discussion / Re: AWS security review
« Last post by ober on October 24, 2022, 07:50:22 AM »
It may depend on your level in AWS or annual spend.  We spend about 150K/mo so we might get a different amount of attention.
« Last post by Mike on October 22, 2022, 06:40:23 PM »
Why not just ask AWS to do it?  They offer that.
Hmm, all we've gotten from the rep is general guidance but I'll ask them again.

If you're looking for a tool, you could use ermetic.com (not free, but pretty awesome - we use it for Azure and AWS on an ongoing basis).
A tool is good but we are still wanting another group to come review it.
« Last post by ober on October 22, 2022, 12:57:06 PM »
Why not just ask AWS to do it?  They offer that.

If you're looking for a tool, you could use ermetic.com (not free, but pretty awesome - we use it for Azure and AWS on an ongoing basis).
Open Discussion / AWS security review
« Last post by Mike on October 21, 2022, 11:11:34 AM »
Anyone have a recommendation for a vendor that'll review an AWS setup for security?  We are in the process of migrating our infrastructure from a colo to AWS and am looking for someone that can review things before we cutover our production systems.
Open Discussion / Re: Streaming NFL deals
« Last post by charlie on September 10, 2022, 10:23:26 PM »
I actually was in a sorta similar situation. I only have one team and they’re local, though, so really I was just looking for a way to get local broadcast channels. We usually go without “cable” but an HD antenna doesn’t work for our location so that’s the only choice. This time I picked between Hulu Live TV, YouTubeTV, and DirecTV stream. I didn’t feel like Comcast again and Sling doesn’t have local channels. Picked Hulu but because we already had it without live tv through apple we had to wait a week to turn on the live part. Decided to try a free trial of DirecTV stream until then.

I like it so far. The AppleTV app struggles with the direction swiping but otherwise not bad.

NFL+ sounds like a good deal and I think I’d do that if I ever lived outside the market.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10