Technical & Scientific > Hardware

Lathe

<< < (2/4) > >>

Rob:

--- Quote from: Jake on January 12, 2022, 02:28:02 PM ---Rob, that one looks pretty sweet - what type of gouges did you get? those quickly get expensive...

--- End quote ---

Still trying to decide what to buy, and whether to go to carbide instead of traditional. I have a 3/4 roughing gouge that I want to master first, and then I guess I'll try to decide what to buy next.

Rob:

--- Quote from: ober on January 12, 2022, 11:34:01 AM ---I always enjoyed that when I took woodworking in high school.  It's just so satisfying.  Sadly I don't have a need for one these days.

--- End quote ---

Ah, but do you want one? :)

--- Quote from: Mike on January 12, 2022, 02:42:43 PM ---I watch a bunch of turning videos on Youtube but I'm like 90% confident I do not have the patience for that.

--- End quote ---

Watching YT vids was what made me want to get started. They're very relaxing. Have you watched Nick Zammetti? Kind of annoying, but he definitely has a style of his own!

ober:
1) Wood working is not in my list of hobbies, nor do I have the space or desire to add it to the list.
2) Yes, I still want one.

Jake:

--- Quote from: Rob on January 13, 2022, 04:23:47 AM ---
--- Quote from: Jake on January 12, 2022, 02:28:02 PM ---Rob, that one looks pretty sweet - what type of gouges did you get? those quickly get expensive...

--- End quote ---

Still trying to decide what to buy, and whether to go to carbide instead of traditional. I have a 3/4 roughing gouge that I want to master first, and then I guess I'll try to decide what to buy next.

--- End quote ---

Carbide is easy, and works extremely well. The learning curve with traditional is not how to use it, but how to sharpen it properly...that is most of the battle.

Rob:

--- Quote from: ober on January 13, 2022, 09:09:57 PM ---1) Wood working is not in my list of hobbies, nor do I have the space or desire to add it to the list.
2) Yes, I still want one.

--- End quote ---

:dblthumb2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version