Author Topic: 100% agree with this (Re: gender affirming care)  (Read 3336 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 12:59:36 AM by charlie »
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: 100% agree with this
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2023, 12:58:23 AM »
You agree with government mandating medical decisions against the wishes of parents and doctors? That doesn't seem to align with what I thought your general political beliefs were. And "100% agree" at that.  :scratchhead:

In a video released to social media, former President Trump detailed his plan to ban gender-affirming care for minors.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: 100% agree with this (Re: gender affirming care)
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 08:48:05 PM »
Republicans - all about small government, unless it goes against something they don't like.  Then it's ok for the government to get ALLLL up in your shit.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2023, 12:06:57 PM »
Republicans - all about small government, unless it goes against something they don't like.  Then it's ok for the government to get ALLLL up in your shit.

That sounds right. Can also be applied more generally too.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2023, 01:44:42 PM »

we don't let kids smoke until they are 18. we don't let them drink until they are 21. don't let them do dangerous jobs that could hurt them until they are old enough. but we'll let them mutilate their body... :thumbsup:
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2023, 01:54:14 PM »
I would just point out a couple things.

1) Gender affirming care is a much broader set of interventions beyond permanent physical changes. Do you "100% agree" with banning all gender affirming care, or is your concern with the more permanent surgeries and other physiological treatments?

2) We do let kids mutilate their bodies all the time. Some examples:
* Ear piercing
* Haircuts
* I think tattoos are allowed with parental permission
* Roughly 2,398 medical surgeries and procedures done regularly on children (I made up that number but it's a lot).

If you're saying we should think hard before allowing our children to undergo permanent (or difficult to reverse) physical changes, then I agree! I think everybody does. So if that's what you're getting at I think it's fair but it doesn't really provide a defense of or reasoning for the original position.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2023, 09:01:22 AM »
did you really just compare a haircut to removing genitals?  :D  :suicide2:

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2023, 03:55:29 PM »
lol why're you trolling so much? I never thought this was a super serious site but at least we could carry a conversation.