Author Topic: Super Bowl  (Read 4197 times)

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Super Bowl
« on: January 31, 2015, 06:05:10 PM »
What is everyone doing for the game?

Mind you I could really give a shit about the game and who wins now that Detroit fucked the dog again.  But it is a fun excuse to get together with friends and hang out for the evening.  Watch TV, eat good food, and so on.

Going down to the neighbors.  Mike and Jodi Ben.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: Super Bowl
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 07:31:37 PM »
I'm a Pats fan, so unlike most other years*, I'll be very into the game.  I've already seen all the commercials because they're on youtube and, working for a marketing agency, its like required watching.

We have kids, and I don't have a lot of friends anyway, so I'll just be watching from home.  Maybe I'll make my self some of "Micah's famous buffalo chicken dip**" and maybe a batch of those little cocktail wiener dogs. -- but then again, I need to get some blood work done on Monday for a doctor's appointment this week so maybe I won't overdo it on the fatty foods. I'll probably send/receive about 50 text messages with my cousin every time there's a great/horrible play or penalty/bad/missed-call.  At least, thats what happens most weeks of the season anyway.  He might be at a party or something though so maybe not.

*well, 7 of the last 13 years at least.
**ok, maybe not my recipe.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 07:53:37 PM »
Since it it is a west coast vs east coast or ugly ass uniform vs serial cheater game I'm meh about it.  I guess I'll go ugly ass uniform west coast.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 08:17:57 PM »
Pats.

Was supposed to go to my friends party, but wife is out of town, kids have a cold AND pink eye. So yeah, spending it at home trying to get kids in shape for Monday.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 10:01:46 PM »
Since it it is a west coast vs east coast or ugly ass uniform vs serial cheater game I'm meh about it.  I guess I'll go ugly ass uniform west coast.

Serial cheater?   That deflate thing?

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 12:06:38 AM »
West coast best coast!

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 01:51:23 AM »

Serial cheater?   That deflate thing?
Videoing other team's defense coach hand signals, coaching his player's to violate a rule (to be fair that could have an honest mistake), and now the deflate thing.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 03:20:36 AM »
And now I have pink eye. My daughter is finally asleep but my son can't fall asleep due to stuffed nose and sore throat. Nothing is helping...
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 12:51:27 PM »
I live five miles from the stadium. Can't see it with all the damn fog right now.
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Super Bowl
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2015, 11:06:08 PM »
Good game. At least it was a close one. We weren't planning to go anywhere anyways but it has been snowing all day here so we chilled by the fire and the kids went to bed after halftime.

It was a good day. Tomorrow is my birthday so I got a new coffee maker and Mario bros for the wii. Ended up playing in the snow with the kids for a few hours and playing a few hours of wii. Then ended it with the Super Bowl. Pretty damn good day if you ask me !

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 12:28:16 AM »
Only a little disappointed, since it was an exciting game. That last play call was pretty bad though

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 10:00:58 AM »
It was pretty dumb in hindsite; in perspective though, right before the half they were lauded for making a "gutsy" call to go for the TD instead of the 3-point sure thing.  Had they failed to get the touch town, everyone would be lamenting that call too. I don't know why they went for the throw, probably because they thought no one would expect them to do that.

What a crazy ending though huh? I thought for sure the Patriots were going to loose.  Especially after that crazy catch that got Seattle to the 5 yard line.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2015, 12:11:03 PM »
What a crazy ending though huh? I thought for sure the Patriots were going to loose.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2015, 12:25:19 PM »
It was a pretty good game between two teams I wanted to lose badly. Definitely fun to watch.

On the interception, I thought the play call was fine. Not great, but fine. Sounds like they were considering the run from 3 WR set (my speculation), but New England stayed in their goal line defense (which according to one random twitter comment hasn't happened in 240+ similar situations this season). So at that point the advantage is to throw. Also, given the time and one timeout you can't run three times, so you'd have to throw at least once if you don't get it in. If you throw on 2nd down, then the Patriots still have to defend against both the run and pass on the next two downs.

Despite all that, it would have probably been better to run on second down. Start with the goal line offense and run. Less chance of turnover, sack, penalty. If you don't get it in, that's not bad because time runs off the clock and leaves New England with no time left to get a field goal to tie. You just try to push it in again.

Also, the 49ers are still the greatest dynasty ever...

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2015, 01:50:56 PM »
took a small nap first quarter. Watched the second. Got kids to bed during third. Watched the last 6 minutes of the fourth quarter. From what I got to see it was still entertaining!