Author Topic: Amazon Delivery  (Read 2138 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Amazon Delivery
« on: February 24, 2019, 08:24:46 PM »
Had my first Amazon-as-the-carrier delivery today. I didn't realize it until the guy showed up tonight with my package.

I bought something yesterday and at checkout the default "Free 2-day shipping" was selected but next to it was an option for "1-day Shipping; $0.00"  So I clicked that, because why not?!

Sure enough, at 10am this morning I got a text that my package was out for delivery. About 8 tonight my doorbell rang.  Some guy in jeans and a t-shirt driving a minivan was like "Here is your Amazon package. Have a good night."

So, that was cool.

I'm guessing its like an uber-of-amazon-delivery thing they've got going on or something.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Amazon Delivery
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 09:03:55 PM »
Maybe that makes up for them fucking up our order.  My wife ordered some lollipops (a lot of them actually) but instead we got a delivery of 24 boxes of 12 candy canes.  It was someone else's order (our shipping label, their invoice and contents).  The seller actually resolved it and told us to keep the candy canes.... yay?  But yeah, weird.

I've never seen that option on Amazon but then again my wife has the prime account and does most of the ordering.  I assume that's only available in certain cities.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 11:14:00 AM »
We had a crapload of Amazon courier deliveries during the Christmas season (yay NY Metro area?), but they were so shitty at it that a bunch of our orders ended up being damaged/lost/canceled and those deliveries actually took way longer. It was a almost a 50/50 chance when ordering that way. Nowadays, it's mostly back to FedEx, UPS, or USPS. I think a lot of people complained about lost and damaged packages.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 11:16:05 AM »
It was most frustrating when you were "6 stops away" and then "1 stop away" and then suddenly the van was sitting in a warehouse an hour and a half away and you didn't have your package. Then two days later there was notification that "your package was delayed" and well, no shit, sherlock.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 06:49:52 PM »
we've been spoiled with this for at least a year - I think two years actually.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 08:09:24 AM »
Yeah, we've been spoiled too. Pretty much everything we order ends up on my porch within a day or two. Never had a problem with package theft either *crosses fingers*