Author Topic: FUCK Wikipedia  (Read 2909 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
FUCK Wikipedia
« on: March 11, 2009, 07:05:03 PM »
My buddy asked me to do an entry for him for his Bio, as he needs it for a few things he is working on. I compiled all the information and created an account, but for the life of me i cant figure out where to click to create one. The documentation and help pages suck ass. Anyone done this before?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 07:33:52 PM by RoD »
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Wikipedia
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 07:12:06 PM »
Just type in the url and it will say "Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name." then give you an option to start the page. Is that what you tried?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Wikipedia
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 07:15:42 PM »
GENIUS!!

hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: FUCK Wikipedia
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 07:35:45 PM »
I renamed this thread. The article wasnt up 2 minutes and it was removed for blatent copyright. I nicely informed the admin that i am pat (why not, he cant do it himself why complicate it and say im a friend) and that i wrote the bio myself, and the article was given to me by the author who published it publically in a newspaper and gave me permission to use it.

Fucker wont even answer me back. How in the fuck can that be Blatent Copyright??? Blatent means obvious, not disputable, etc. Ugh that just annoys me man.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 07:36:40 PM »
Ohh link please.  I can't wait to see how fast it gets deleted :D

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 07:42:12 PM »
His reply:

"I had no way of knowing that, and i suggest you create another account reflecting your name as that in the article to avoid future issues."

I said:

"I guess i will make a new account. My only question is this: If you had no way of knowing i WAS Pat Salerno, then you had no way of suspecting copyright infringement, let alone BLATENT infringment. Perhaps in the future you could save yourself and everyone else some time and i dunno, ask."

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 07:42:32 PM »
Ohh link please.  I can't wait to see how fast it gets deleted :D

It's already deleted. it was deleted before i even finished.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 07:47:54 PM »
He set me up with a sub-user page so i can get it exactly as i want before making it live and offered a bunch of help and stuff. I think he feels bad. But seriously this guy obviously has way to much time to spend on wikipedia....i hope he gets paid.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 08:16:37 PM »
What'll be funny is when they delete the article for NPOV issues.  Generally it is a bad thing for a person to write an article about themselves.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 08:21:43 PM »

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 08:22:59 PM »
When that happens i will do it as myself on pats behalf :lol:

I'm tempted to just make my own and host it for him using one of those open source wiki systems. He only needs it for a few projects he is doing.

I'm not going to do shit with it tonight. Tomorrow i will do it. Right now its just a copy and paste of part of his bio...lol

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 09:35:46 AM »
How do i add pictures?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 09:45:13 AM »
i forgot about this article, it was really good. I sent the guy an email.

http://www.alanemmins.com/feature_syndication/bounty_hunter.html