Nothing & Everything > Open Discussion

How do you consume news?

(1/2) > >>

Jake:
I ask, because I don't. I stopped, a good long while ago. In the past, I would listen to NPR, or something like that. But just like most news stations I know about, their reporting of facts is intertwined with biased (hugely leftist) commentary. I also tried fox news, but that is even worse.

As I am typing this, I lied, I do consume news through Phillip DeFranco, a youtuber who puts out daily news videos. I think he does a pretty good job, but he only covers a small fraction of what is going on. The "real" news is often only half of the show, with the other half being youtube related news which I don't care for.

I am looking for a place that reports facts without commentary? does such a place exist?

how do you guys get your news?

ober:
NPR and CNN for me, mostly.  Oh, and I also follow a few news related subreddits (/r/worldnews and /r/news).

Jake:

--- Quote from: ober on October 17, 2019, 10:51:14 PM ---NPR and CNN for me, mostly.  Oh, and I also follow a few news related subreddits (/r/worldnews and /r/news).

--- End quote ---

so we established in an ealier thread that I don't do reddit. But I tried the r/worldnews just now - how do you know that what is posted is legit? Can't anyone post on there?

ober:
They are usually articles posted from reputable news sources.  It's not generally content directly from the users.

charlie:

--- Quote from: Jake on October 17, 2019, 10:40:08 PM ---I am looking for a place that reports facts without commentary? does such a place exist?

--- End quote ---

No. That doesn't exist. There are news sources that aim to maintain objectivity, but if you consider NPR "hugely leftist" then you're not going to find any that can fit that description in your mind.

--- Quote from: Jake on October 17, 2019, 10:40:08 PM ---how do you guys get your news?

--- End quote ---

The last few years I get my news via Twitter. I follow a small handful of people, including some reporters, and important news tends to show up in my feed. Often I switch to the "explore" tab as well and see any information that wasn't in the feed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version