Author Topic: Things i have noticed about michigan....  (Read 16955 times)

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Re: Things i have noticed about michigan....
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2009, 09:26:16 PM »
Then can we just close the thread rather than banning?  It wasn't spreading to other threads or anything.  Plenty other fun conversations were going on...

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2009, 09:54:50 PM »
don't close the thread - this is not cprog :p
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2009, 11:13:57 PM »
don't close the thread - this is not cprog :p
HAHAHAHA

And I'm not personally going to lift the ban.  If someone else wants to, be my guest.

-KEN-

• Some Other Mofo
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2009, 11:42:19 PM »
I disabled the ban. I clearly think the kid's a raging idiot, but I think we're all mature enough to handle eachothers' viewpoints and bile. If he wants to go on telling us the darkies are inferior and disgusting, I'll go on telling him in no uncertain terms that I think he's a worthless stain on humanity. The only way to deal with an asshole is to be a dick, not a pussy.

I do think a temporary ban was a good way of telling him that kind of stuff isn't welcome here though.

If he comes back, good for him. If he doesn't, maybe he's moved on to more appropriate Web sites, like klanchat.com.

Much love.

-KEN-

• Some Other Mofo
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2009, 11:47:47 PM »
This is highly amusing though, and sorta makes me rethink the unbanning.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2009, 09:38:22 AM »
Color (lol) me shocked that he's always been a racist idiot.

salvelinus

• Founders
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2009, 10:17:21 AM »
I'm not a mod, so do what you want, but banning him, or anyone, isn't stifling free speech. He's free to spout off to anyone who'll listen, but no one has to provide him a forum to do so. I wouldn't allow that crap from someone at my house, but there's no free speech infringement when I tell him to shut up or get out. It's censorship when government says you can't use your or my (with my permission) soapbox. It's not censorship when I say you can't use my soapbox.

Go with the bad joke theory - RoD

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2009, 10:36:35 AM »
I agree that this isn't really an issue of free speech.  The first amendment only states that the GOVERNMENT can not make a law that limits speech.  But on private property or a privately run message board, there's no such rule.  So with that in mind, you can ban anyone any time.

That said, there are better ways to handle situations like this. I have a number of friends in the real world who hold vastly different opinions on various topics.  Some of them I think are morally wrong opinions.  But you know what, they're still my friends.  They know where I stand on the issues and they (generally) know not to spew their hatred in front of me and life goes on. 

Tolerance is a funny thing.  Everyone's for it - as long as your talking about other people tolerating YOUR point of view.

"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2009, 11:24:37 AM »
God knows I disagree with micah and just about everything he stands for...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2009, 11:25:48 AM »
He is from a state without any county government.  That is just unnatural ;)

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2009, 12:11:55 PM »

Shocking.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2009, 12:29:04 PM »
:D

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2009, 08:45:32 PM »
Thanks guys. I was trying to be civil, and thought i was. When i saw the ban i was annoyed cause let's face it sometimes i deserve the bans, but it gets a little out of hand sometimes when im just expressing an opinion.

I wasnt mad or anything, but i was really suprised at the time frame. In any event i was happy when i opened FF and my speeddial had refreshed to show the index again. Thanks :)
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2009, 03:55:30 PM »
>im just expressing an opinion.

"Just expressing an opinion" is a shitty excuse.  "I don't like Mexican food" is an opinion.  "I'm not a fan of polka music" is an opinion.  "I think black men are subhuman" is hate speech, and there is absolutely no reason to treat someone espousing that shit with anything less than utter contempt.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2009, 04:25:32 PM »
Govt lay off.  He's laid out his opinion, you've said what you think of it - most of us have expressed our opinions as well. There's no good to come from continuing to bring it up.  Rod has been pretty clear what his opinion is (politely in the face of all of us calling him things I might add) - and if you read what he's said, he never said "I think black men are subhuman" and even if he implied it - fine, he said his piece, take that and quit respecting him - there's no point in bringing it up over and over.

Lay off.