Author Topic: My new phone  (Read 3412 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
My new phone
« on: January 16, 2006, 09:11:07 PM »
Well, I think I've settled on a new cell phone. I've decided to go with the ppc6700/xv6700. I'm going with Verizon only because the rest of my family is "IN" and I'm splurging with the unlimited high speed broadband. I'd like to figure out how to get it hooked up to my laptop so I can use the broadband with it. From what I've read that's been disabled but we'll see about that. I have faith in intelligent web hackers.

I played around with the phone today at the Sprint store and the Verizon store and I must say I'm really anxious to get it. I like the side flipout keyboard and it seems to have all of the features that I'm looking for. The broadband for it is a bit spendy but I think it will be nice to have it once I get used to the phone.

Any opinions? Jealously? :)
This signature intentionally left blank.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
My new phone
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 09:19:37 PM »
Good choice, but i still say go with sprint and opt for the free incoming call plan. The EVDO with sprint is faster, the service is cheaper and much much better, etc. I used to sell verizon, radioshacked dumped them for alot of good reasons : )
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
My new phone
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 10:50:30 PM »
Yeah, I've been on the fence about the provider. Sprint has cheaper plans but their coverage isn't all the places I need it. Verizon is.  That and most of the people I know have Verizon so I can get away with the less minute plan which makes it pretty comparable to Sprint. I'm really getting excited to play with it. I found a neat website (pdaphonehome.com) and I've alreay got a solution to hook the phone up to my laptop. Now I just have to try and sucker the rep to give me double discounts. Some people have been grabbing them for $199. That and I like the black color better. I'm definitely going to be putting this thing through it's paces over the next few days and if I don't like it then I'll return it, but I think it's going to do everything I'm looking for. Now I just have to find a cheap miniSD card.
I'm really glad I didn't go for the 700w. I think this will be a much better phone.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
My new phone
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 10:53:57 PM »
Where are you buying it? If its a RS that has it i may be able to help.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
My new phone
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 11:35:45 PM »
Just a standard Circuit City Verizon shop (Minnesota). I was going to get it online but they matched the best price I found. Then I checked out that website and saw that some people had been convincing the reps to give them $100 off for new customer/2 yr renewal and another $100 off for the high speed data plan. So tomorrow the guy's supposed to get one in stock for me and I'm going to try and convince him to give me another $100 off.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
My new phone
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 02:35:31 AM »
Well, I've had my phone for a couple days now and I'm liking it so far. I'm still getting used to PocketPC (I'm used to PalmOS) but I'm finding my way around well enough. The internet connection is pretty nice to have and I've been successful in tethering it to my laptop. I wasn't able to sucker them into double discounts but that's alright. It really does have a lot of features and being able to hook it up to my laptop is a huge bonus. I think this will be a good phone for the next few years for me. Everyone I've shown it to has been pretty impressed by what it does. The only thing I'm still trying to figure out is how to get the volume louder when recording video. I enabled the auto volume feature but I haven't tried it yet.
For a multi-function phone it's pretty nice.

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
My new phone
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 06:47:36 AM »
Sounds nice. You planning to get Griff for it?

( http://www.planetgriff.com )