Author Topic: Snowboarding Season  (Read 7329 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Snowboarding Season
« on: November 01, 2006, 02:25:53 PM »
Almost here, in NJ anyway. Anyone else here board? Best time of the year =]
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
Re: Snowboarding Season
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 02:34:16 PM »
I've skied for a long time, but I've been snowboarding the last couple years. I'll hopefully get out a couple times this year (there's not really any great hills in Ontario though). Hopefully when I go home for x-mas I can get out to the rockies.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 02:58:01 PM »
I've been skiing a handful of times in my life, but never got a chance to try snowboarding.  I wanna give it a shot someday, but I'll have at travel somewhere... there's no good hills in Ohio.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 03:02:33 PM »
Steve, where do you go to board (or do you take trips?) I spent some time at Mountain Creek last year.  I just don't like driving far. :(

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 03:55:19 PM »
Usually we only ever make it up to Blue mountain (gay). This year my friend Tony's dad bought a hunting cabin in north PA in the middle of the mountains. Going off the pictures he took last weekend up there we should get some really good free-riding done this year, for free =]

I was hoping to make it to Whistler this year but don't know if the funding will line up. I'm selling my laptop since my board and gear was stolen last feb and i need to replace it.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Canuck

• Eh?!!
  • Founders
  • Andy Moog Fan
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 07:14:51 PM »
Ive never been snowboarding, have only been skiing once in my life.  I really would like to try it out, but I know the first time I go all I will be doing is picking myself up.. :(

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 10:04:08 PM »
its fun to fall though lol. I enjoyed learning because while it was challenging i always felt it was easier than skiing, and i still do. Plus chicks dig boarders haha

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 10:39:19 PM »
It's a toss up for me... I like skiing because I can go anywhere on the mountain, on/off trail. Snowboarding is a lot of fun but I still need to avoid most of the diamond runs, if I bought a board I might get enough time in to fix that, but I'll likely only get out two or three times a year.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 11:44:10 PM »
I used to love skiing as a kid, sadly with my knees the way they are I can no longer do it.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 09:50:11 AM »
I used to love skiing as a kid, sadly with my knees the way they are I can no longer do it.

i've had two operations on my left knee, as well as a crack in the knee cap that cant be fixed. I have lost 75% of the cartalidge in my right knee, and my right ankle has been fused together. I still freestyle board, skate, race quads, etc. Hell my dad has broken both legs twice, has 4 fused disks in his back, a fractured shoulder, and countless other minor injuries, hes just as active.

Push through the pain man, its worth it.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 10:32:01 AM »
When the tendons in the knee are not strong enough to keep the knee cap in place under that amount of stress, no amount of pushing through the pain is going to do crap.  I tried boarding once as a teen but didn't enjoy it as much as skiing.

Hopefully in the future after I have surgery done on the knees I'll be able to pick it back up.  But thats years, if ever, away.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 05:20:38 PM »
my friend had something simillar to that when he had his ACL replaced. They ended up doing orthoscopic and his recovery was nothing short of amazing. Hopefully you get it fixed while you are still young man. I hate surgery but i would hate the injury more =]

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 02:16:01 AM »
Just as a testiment to previous statements, i have been boarding this year with the two tears in my miniscus :) Heres some pics of the new board!!! I need a new stomp pad, tho, this one sucks. Its got almost no use, but its dirty as all hell.

Rest are links, keep clutter down:

http://www.tcempire.net/hyperat/snowboard/IMG_1023.JPG
http://www.tcempire.net/hyperat/snowboard/IMG_1024.JPG
http://www.tcempire.net/hyperat/snowboard/IMG_1025.JPG
http://www.tcempire.net/hyperat/snowboard/IMG_1026.JPG

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 02:42:29 PM »
Pretty.  I was a little upset that it was so warm in december and halfway through January in NJ and then ridiculously cold here in Pittsburgh.  I have yet to go snowboarding so far...I left my boots at home!! :(

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2007, 03:05:45 PM »
yea i went last sat (week ago), and im going a week from today (sunday) :)