Author Topic: Mayweather/De La Hoya  (Read 3287 times)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Mayweather/De La Hoya
« on: May 07, 2007, 09:02:30 AM »
Anyone catch this?  I managed to watch it through the magic of sopcast, so I didn't have to deal with the bar crowds or $60+ for the PPV

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Re: Mayweather/De La Hoya
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 09:21:44 AM »
Does that mean the stupid commericals will stop now?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 09:28:22 AM »
For now, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was a rematch

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 09:29:28 AM »
from what i heard, there will be a rematch...
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 10:31:25 AM »
From what I read La Hoya might challenge the results, so I wouldn't be surprised by a rematch.  Not too familiar with boxing's scoring system but it seems like it'd be a lot easier to decide a winner if they let them go until one can't get up :D

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 10:36:19 AM »
If they did that the fight would have lasted another 2 hours (but I agree).

Really though, Oscar doesn't have a leg to stand on as far as challenging the results goes.  He was soundly beaten, and I don't know what the hell the judge that scored in his favor was thinking.  He won a few rounds, but he really only landed a couple good, hard punches.  Most of his punches were deflected by Floyd and didn't seem to affect him at all.

Honestly I was a bit disappointed by the fight - the first undercard was probably the best fight of the night.  Those guys beat the shit out of each other.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 01:13:57 PM »
I'd watch more boxing if they actually showed it on TV. Pay per view doesn't count, and I have no ideda what sopcast is.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 01:48:00 PM »
SopCast is a program that allows you to watch video streamed by other people across the web.  It basically acts as bittorrent, but just for video.  You download a stream as you upload it to someone else.  The quality's not great (especially in fullscreen), but it's good enough for a smallish window while you do other stuff.  Here's a link to some MLB games, but they've got lots of other sports too.  This site is pretty euro-centric, so I can use it to watch EPL or Bundesliga matches, but they've got most major American sports as well.