Author Topic: What is ES reading?  (Read 80086 times)

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
Re: What is ES reading?
« Reply #270 on: November 06, 2012, 12:51:59 AM »
Broke down and read book 4...about 80% of it over the weekend and the rest today. I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the other books. Basically felt like most of the chapters were in the way of reading about the characters I was more interested in.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #271 on: November 06, 2012, 07:50:14 AM »
I am halfway through but ya I completely agree
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #272 on: January 05, 2014, 03:13:45 PM »
I finished the whole "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo/who played with fire/that kicked the hornet's nest" series. First book was the best but the whole series was enjoyable.

Read the first book a couple years ago, then just blew through the last two this past week to test out a new kindle. I liked the second two a little better, probably because there wasn't quite so much of the creepiness of the first one. That author sure seems fascinated with sex. And with what people wear. Anyway, still an enjoyable read.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #273 on: January 22, 2014, 10:14:53 AM »
Gone Girl was ok.  I didn't like any of the characters, but I thought the Nancy Grace standin was interesting.

I just finished The Devil All The Time, which was a little too dark for me, but kept me turning the pages.  I've been reading a lot of books in this genre lately and really enjoying it, but this didn't have any of the humor that some of the other books have.  Last night I started Comanche Moon, the second book in the Lonesome Dove series.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #274 on: January 22, 2014, 12:42:54 PM »
Just finished the Mortal Instruments series.  It's young adult but VERY well written and I really liked a lot of the characters.  5 books for that series and now I'm starting on the prequel (another 3) and then she's releasing a 6th for the original series this spring that apparently requires knowledge of the prequel.

Edit: they made a movie for the first book but it apparently failed miserably.  :(  So sad, as I was looking forward to it.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #275 on: January 22, 2014, 04:14:02 PM »
I just started World War Z. I like the writing style, neat way to tell a story. Rather then a traditional novel, it's a collection of interviews with survivors done 10 years after the zombie apocalypse.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #276 on: January 22, 2014, 05:04:16 PM »
Finished this a while back in audio book form.

The Other Side of History: Daily Life in the Ancient World
by The Great Courses
Narrated by Professor Robert Garland
Series: The Great Courses: Ancient History

10/10.

I was sad when it was over.  Long too.

http://www.audible.com/pd/History/The-Other-Side-of-History-Daily-Life-in-the-Ancient-World-Audiobook/B00DDVPXJG

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #277 on: January 22, 2014, 05:13:39 PM »
I just started World War Z. I like the writing style, neat way to tell a story. Rather then a traditional novel, it's a collection of interviews with survivors done 10 years after the zombie apocalypse.

that was a pretty fun read.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #278 on: February 11, 2014, 03:59:06 PM »
Started rereading catch 22 . What an awesome read.

if you have not read this yet, you need to. What a spectacular book. I mean, it is hard to describe. Everything about this book, from the language, sentence structure, character development, and overall theme, is simply brilliant. And it gets better each time I read it.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #279 on: February 14, 2014, 07:58:39 AM »
Gone Girl was ok.  I didn't like any of the characters, but I thought the Nancy Grace standin was interesting.

I just finished The Devil All The Time, which was a little too dark for me, but kept me turning the pages.  I've been reading a lot of books in this genre lately and really enjoying it, but this didn't have any of the humor that some of the other books have.  Last night I started Comanche Moon, the second book in the Lonesome Dove series.
Finished Comanche Moon a couple days after I started, finished Lonesome Dove last night.  Lonesome Dove is amazing.

All this traveling I've been doing has been good for my reading

yoshi

• I AM A COW
  • Jackass III
  • Thingy
« Reply #280 on: April 11, 2014, 04:09:57 PM »
Song of Ice and Fire 1 for me. too many characters.
GO AWAY