Author Topic: Live streaming from a Rasbperry Pi  (Read 4439 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Live streaming from a Rasbperry Pi
« on: February 19, 2016, 05:15:15 PM »
So I'm starting to work on a live streaming rig to try and use for pinball. Most people conventionally use webcams and laptops or pcs but I'm trying to make it work with the rpi2. My thought is the newer version should be powerful enough to handle it. I picked up a camera module and C920 webcam to play with and so far I've had no problem getting the hardware working but I'm struggling on the software side. I'm using libav (ffmpeg) but struggling to get the stream to work on Twitch or YouTube. I've been able to successfully stream to Twitch on my Mac and Pixel with the built in webcams but for some reason when I run the similar command on the Pi it's just not working. I keep trying to tweak some of the knobs but have yet to figure out what's going on.

I think this weekend I'm going to try and push the stream to one of my other machines and try to view it there or host my own live server and see if I can get that working just to see if it's an issue with pushing to one of the services. I've read they're a bit picky on formats and encoding so I'm wondering if it has something to do with that.

Anyone else play with this kind of thing at the low level like this? I'm trying to avoid using a software package and try to understand the cli tools.
This signature intentionally left blank.