Entertainment & Artistry > Sports/Outdoors & Manpoon

booooat

<< < (3/4) > >>

micah:
Thats cool that they didn't try and rip you off. $21? That's like, what, 12 minutes of labor?

KnuckleBuckett:
Also wise to know how to change the prop and have a spare.  Never know what is lurking just under the surface.

Jake:

--- Quote from: KnuckleBuckett on July 16, 2019, 06:06:23 AM ---Also wise to know how to change the prop and have a spare.  Never know what is lurking just under the surface.

--- End quote ---

Indeed. My friend lost his on our trip to Minnesota by hitting an unmarked large rock just under the surface and I saw how the resort owner changed the prop. pretty easy process. I do have a spare in the boat.

KnuckleBuckett:
Treat your fuel.  Enzyme treatment is best these days.  Oh and watch for cracking fuel lines and such.  Rubber type products go fast on boats.

Jake:
This was a great first boat and I got quite a bit of experience on it. With a motor that age, there were issues, but I was able to figure most of them out myself. We have been using it quite a bit, but it wasn't super comfortable for more than 2 people - so when the whole family went out, it was pretty cramped, but we still loved it. With the new house, we are so close to the lake, and we think we will boat even more now. We will be selling the fishing boat, and are taking delivery of a pontoon in a couple of weeks :D

https://www.skipperbuds.com/inv/2021-Sylvan-8522MirageCNF-SkipperBuds-Lake-Fenton-SY21051/#mainpic

best of both worlds - lounging and fishing

It was incredibly hard to find a new pontoon - between lack of components, and a very hot market, dealers just don't have any stock. It was between this and another model, but the other model was not available anywhere within 500 miles! this one is actually coming from Michigan! The other hurdle was getting a slip at any of the local marinas. Our first choice of course was the Marina at the end of our street, but he was full - until yesterday that is! someone cancelled and we have a slip now. Can't wait!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version