Entertainment & Artistry > Sports/Outdoors & Manpoon

Fitness megathread - discuss weight loss, fat loss, working out, etc here!

<< < (3/51) > >>

Govtcheez:
If you want to do cardio specifically to burn fat, look into high intensity interval training.  It's got the benefit that it can be impact-free (you can doing it running, swimming, or on an elliptical), and studies have shown that it's 9 times as effective burning fat than regular medium intensity cardio

Steve:
www.tcempire.net/IMG_0202.JPG
www.tcempire.net/IMG_0203.JPG

yea if u have any specific routines u follow id love to read them. Theres sooooo many out there its a mess.

KnuckleBuckett:
Dude.

1)  You don't have love handles.

2) Ober is now in love.

:D

Steve:
i see them, why cant u :P

God i am the poster boy for skinney white people who need a tan everywhere

Govtcheez:
This is the one I do now:

Day 1 (Upper Body) All movements 8 sets of 3 at a 5 rep max with 60 seconds rest
BB Bench Presses
Seated Rows
Pull-Ups
Standing DB Shoulder Presses

Day 2 (Lower Body) All movements 3 sets of 8 at a 10 rep max with 90 seconds rest
BB Squats
Leg Raises
DB Deadlifts
Decline Bench Sit-Ups
Standing Calf Raises

Day 3 (Cardio for Recovery)

Day 4 (Upper Body) All movements 3 sets of 8 at a 10 rep max with 90 seconds rest
45-Degree Incline DB Bench Presses
45-Degree DB Rows
Standing BB Curls
Standing Reverse-Grip Tricep Press-Downs

Day 5 (Lower Body) All movements 8 sets of 3 at a 5 rep max with 60 seconds rest
Hack Squats
Lying Leg Curls
Lying Leg Raises
Seated Calf Raises

I'm substituting Back Squats for Hack Squats, and something else for Lying Leg Raisess, because Hack Squats tear the shit out of my calves and I suck at holding a dumbbell between my legs for leg raises.  You'll also notice that almost none of these are done on machines.  Machines only work one specific muscle at a time.  Using free weights on heavy compound lifts allows me to kick the shit out of more than one muscle at a time (ie deadlifts work basically everything below your chin in some way).  It's more efficient and you don't end up looking like those weirdos at the gym with giant biceps but no triceps and stick legs.

I started with this one
Monday – Heavy Day
Squat – 5 sets of 5
Bench – 5 sets of 5
Bent Over Row – 5 sets of 5

Wednesday – Light Day
Squat – 4 sets of 5
Military Press – 4 sets of 5
Deadlift – 4 sets of 5

Friday - Medium
Squat – 4 sets of 5, 1 triple, back-off
Bench – 4 sets of 5, 1 triple, back-off
Bent Over Row – 4 sets of 5, 1 triple

You'll notice there are squats every day there.  Some people are against squats because they think they're bad for your knees.  They're wrong.  With your knee though, I'd be careful.  Don't be afraid to move heavy weight, but listen to your body.

Also, one of the best resources out there is exrx.net.  You can search there for pretty much every exercise under the sun, and they'll tell you how to do it safely and which muscles it targets.

edit: I just looked at the pictures - how long have you been lifting?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version